Finally a introduction ....Sorry it took so long....

General discussion, builds/restorations, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

REMJ666
Approved Member

Finally a introduction ....Sorry it took so long....

Post by REMJ666 »

I joined in 2011 and really have not been on here untill late...The economy...I had to put everything on the backburner while me and the wife kept a roof over our head...Things are looking up now and i am able to get back out the rc stuff and get to workin on them :D I got into racing back when oval was king on a indoor carpet track at a place called The Track in G.Burg MD...I had a Kyosho mini truck and found a RC car mag that told the story of a guy who turned his Ultima into a roundy roundy car and i followed it and kicked some butt in the B class there for awhile...Then i had to get a full time job and RC cars got put on the shelf...Gave the car away and have regretted it ever since :x I finally got back into the rc car seen not to race but to bring back life some old cars that i was given...Tamiya Blackfoot [ still in the works ] and Stadium Blitzer [ still in the works ]...Then i caught the RC10 bug and it has really bitten me hard :shock: Now i can't stay off of forums and evilbay :) My first Rc10 i got off evilbay was never advertised as anything other then the car he bought as a kid and raced....I bid on it and won...When i got it it came with a ton of stuff...I felt like a king :mrgreen: Then i started doing research on here and looked at the box and manuals and saw the East edinger Add and almost fell over...It is a late Eddinger but it is a real one :mrgreen: And a ton of other cool vintage RC10 stuff in the Huge tackle box he used as a pit box...I WAS HOOKED !!!!! I messaged this guy often and he had no knowledge of the Edinger or Cadillac thing and never listed it as such so i believe his story fully...My Holy Grail :mrgreen: I took the car and showed it to David Baker of RC Driver and he really liked it....He visits the local shop in my neck of the woods from time to time...My other cars are projects also so it will take time to build them all...I am currently working on the Team Car [ came with box and papers and many cool parts ] I will post pictures soon...This is a great forum...I luv spending time on here checking out everyones posts and pictures of there cars... :)
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

66sprint6
Approved Member

Re: Finally a introduction ....Sorry it took so long....

Post by 66sprint6 »

I just had a similar experience with my first Gold Pan, it not only came in the original edinger box but came in AMAZING condition. I plan on using it tho as it was build and inteded to be used but I will save the bashing for my other, already rough buggies lol. Why is this little rig so addicting??? :lol:
Matt

uniquenamehere
Approved Member

Post by uniquenamehere »

welcome aboard... get some pics up! :)

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

@ 66sprint6...I thought it was one [ the one you just crashed ]...I saw the parts that you posted in your pic and they had the edinger name...Congrats on your Edinger...@ uniquenamehere....Will be shortly....I went to school in the 80's when you had microfish in the library lol...Got my neighbor comin over Sunday to show me how lol...Maybe i should change my name to Cpt.Caveman lol...For us geezers who remember that cartoon lol...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

"Captain Caaaaaaaaaaavemaaaan!" I love that cartoon! Good times! 8) Welcome to the habit! 8)

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

First off, Welcome to the habit/addiction/nostalgia/obsession. I'm sure you'll find some niche in these cars that'll keep you hooked!
66sprint6 wrote: Why is this little rig so addicting??? :lol:
Matt
My guess is that this car is an icon of RC, kind of like the '57 Chevy is to real cars. Except for fine details that only the serious historians would notice, this car remained basically unchanged for about 7 years, which is an eternity in the RC world. I believe the RC10 was the number one reason for the explosion in the hobby (look at all the aftermarket goodies)....Besides, for those of us who can't afford to restore a real '57 Chevy, it give us old hot rodders a chance to relive the past. :D
The older I get, the faster I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGKBTUJ-L0

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Welcome and that is a great story! Everyone has an addiction so why not let it be RC's! :wink:
Jeff

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Russ Winn wrote:
66sprint6 wrote: Why is this little rig so addicting??? :lol:
Matt
My guess is that this car is an icon of RC, kind of like the '57 Chevy is to real cars. Except for fine details that only the serious historians would notice, this car remained basically unchanged for about 7 years, which is an eternity in the RC world. I believe the RC10 was the number one reason for the explosion in the hobby (look at all the aftermarket goodies)....Besides, for those of us who can't afford to restore a real '57 Chevy, it give us old hot rodders a chance to relive the past. :D
Very well put! :D

BTW, welcome to the board. 8)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Timmy2Tracks
Approved Member

Post by Timmy2Tracks »

Remj666: Great to hear the story. It is a familiar one to many of us. I wanted a gold pan RC10 since I was 13 when my friend got one (and I raced with/against him). I just got one a few weeks ago and I am 38 (from the original owner, and it's an Edinger as well), but I was in no rush. Hehe...

Now I might be working on another already.

Oh, and I remember using the microfiche in school...

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Thanks guys...Just got 2 more gold pan beaters ...So i will be doing my own rat rod version so i can take it outside and enjoy it...The one was the twin [ the same guy was selling 2 ] to 66sprit6s car...The one with the busted a arm...just won another and waiting for it...Looks like whoever owned it was making it into a sprint car...Can't wait to get it here and tear them both down and build one to take to the streets and drive...Kinda been spanked by the wife about the cars :( Not allowed to by anymore whole cars [ can still buy parts ] untill i figure out what to do with what i have :( Oh well ...She has been good about it the whole time lol...That just gets me motivated to finish one up lol...

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

REMJ666 wrote:Kinda been spanked by the wife
Look on the bright side, most of us guys have to pay good money for that... :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

:lol:

Russ Winn
Approved Member

Post by Russ Winn »

+1
The older I get, the faster I was.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pyGKBTUJ-L0