New to the site

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

locked up
Approved Member

New to the site

Post by locked up »

I've been mostly into RC Crawling but recently have gone on a nostalgia kick and am hoping to pick up a (new to me) RC10.

I've started going through all of the data listing/depicting all the different models and it has been very helpful in narrowing down exactly what I had when I was a kid. I can't thank this place enough for all the detailed pictures and descriptions.

I registered on the site with the hopes of getting access to the BST section so I could buy an RC10 from someone on here vs. a random person on ebay, but it looks like I have some hoops to jump through first.

I hate to say this in my first post on here but as a person looking to pick up an RC10 to "get back in", not being able to access the BST section until I make 30 "meaningful" posts seems a bit much. I'm not sure I have 30 posts worth of information to share that would be meaningful until I get one. I could understand not being able to post things for sale but to not be able to buy anything is rough.

Just my 2 cents ...

-Patrick
- Something witty

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: New to the site

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Welcome to the board! On one hand I can sympathize with what you're saying, but the reason for not even letting newcomers buy is to keep vultures from gobbling up great vintage pieces strictly to sell them for profit or even worse, part them out. There have been many attempts at this over the years and it doesn't go well with the "community vibe" that is promoted here. It's not as hard as you think to gain the posts. Simply look around and comment where you have some info or recollection of something. Good luck! :)
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

locked up
Approved Member

Post by locked up »

I understand.

I'm going to do my best but it's going to be a lot of "crawling" stuff ... so buckle in.
:wink:
- Something witty

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

The same guys that sell stuff here sell on ebay too, so its really not that give of a deal.

I'd also like to point out that our bst isn't all that and a bag of chips. :wink:

locked up
Approved Member

Post by locked up »

scr8p wrote:The same guys that sell stuff here sell on ebay too, so its really not that give of a deal.

I'd also like to point out that our bst isn't all that and a bag of chips. :wink:
You should let me be the judge of that. I just need a peek......
:lol:

I'm sure everyone sells on there too. I just usually prefer to not mess with ebay bidding. Maybe I'm just impatient?

I actually have a line on one that is close to me but my 1:1 is in the shop getting painted and no way I'm taking the "backup" Jeep to go look at it.

I'll try to get some of my stuff posted up this evening so yall can have some light reading.
- Something witty

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The bst area isn't all it's cracked up to be. Mainly just talk about newbies and people we don't like :lol:

J/K, but I will say scr8p is right, most are listed in eBay as well and you might save a couple bucks by not going thru eBay, that's about it. There are no $25 worlds cars or even $500 Hirobo Jealousy's.... Just a lot of good trustworthy people
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

That 30 post rule is mainly there to discourage scammers. On RC10talk we want to seal with people that are part of our community that share the same passion we do for RC10's Just start cruzing around the forums, In no time at all you'll have the 30 posts under your belt.

Blacktiger355
Approved Member

Post by Blacktiger355 »

Welcome to the forum.

Don't worry about the post count. I just joined myself and made it to 30 real fast. I will be contacting for access to the BST section very soon. Not so I can hop right in and buy stuff, but I want to have the option there to get some good stuff from good people. Help the community and they will help you.

locked up
Approved Member

Post by locked up »

shodog wrote:That 30 post rule is mainly there to discourage scammers. On RC10talk we want to seal with people that are part of our community that share the same passion we do for RC10's Just start cruzing around the forums, In no time at all you'll have the 30 posts under your belt.
Well I need someplace to post my pyramid schemes...
- Something witty

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

locked up wrote:
shodog wrote:That 30 post rule is mainly there to discourage scammers. On RC10talk we want to seal with people that are part of our community that share the same passion we do for RC10's Just start cruzing around the forums, In no time at all you'll have the 30 posts under your belt.
Well I need someplace to post my pyramid schemes...
http://www.rctech.net
Best place for that, mis-information and bashing others. Period

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I thought you were a convict, but now that you have an avatar I get your user name. :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

locked up
Approved Member

Post by locked up »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:I thought you were a convict, but now that you have an avatar I get your user name. :lol:
Yeah.... I get that more than you'd think.

I've been using the same username forever and have it on 99% of the forums I use.
:mrgreen:
- Something witty

Diamond Dave
Approved Member

Post by Diamond Dave »

Five or six posts in and you are on your way. The few mods that deal with the BST section have already gotten a feel for who you are and such.

Check out some of the threads that interest you, post a few questions or comments and some pictures and you are well on your way. Enjoy, this is so much better than any pyramid scheme or RCtech site crap. :D

SONYtec

Post by SONYtec »

Welcome!!!

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

WELCOME.... don