So hard to let go.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

marlo
Approved Member

So hard to let go.

Post by marlo »

Other then RC cars/parts, I have collected a huge inventory of GM truck parts over the years, well its now time to let it go :cry: I have since sold a truck, and now thinking of selling my "hot rod". It's not the money, but feel a need to change something. I've spent the better part of this week (and this weekend) clearing out my crawl space, shed, garage, and have come up with a very large pile of crap. I'll never use any of it, and a few bucks on the side can't hurt. problem is everything I re-discover in my lot, I fall in love with again :roll: I take great pride knowing that if I ever need a part, all I have to do is go to my bone yard. Some parts I have restored, others in waiting. Very hard for me, but the real bonus is not the cash, but the square footage I regain. The jokers I have been dealing with this week have left a bad taste in my mouth, and feel its not even worth it, but the ball is rolling, so there's no turning back now, I guess. I may post some pics up after I get some lots together.......... please refrain from any jokes on why a GM owner would need a huge pile of parts :lol:

jwscab

Re: So hard to let go.

Post by jwscab »

Extra gm parts is an insurance policy that will never need them. But don't have just one side of anything because if you need a passenger fender you will have 4 drivers side.

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

Hey Jason, how far are you from Canada :lol:

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Nope, I got my own gm stuff to sell. :lol:

Which I need to get back to doing.

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

And this isn't even the tip of the iceberg. Transmissions, full set of body panels, mass amounts of interior trim, axles, etc... still lurk in the crawl space.

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

Funny how one obsession leads to others and on and on... :lol:

Where's that circle of life song when you need it. :mrgreen:

integra22t
Approved Member

Post by integra22t »

i know the fealing i had 8 hondas at one point and sold off the cars then i had enough spair parts to build a car so i started selling them on kijiji and the people on there want to make you pull your hair out thinking they can get something for next to nothing

im down to 2 cars now and a handfull of parts

i keep thinking about selling off my integra as i dont get to drive it much anymore but havent brought my self to do it

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

I fell for you Marlon. Last year I scrapped out 4 running motors and 8 good transmissions and a literal ton and a half of extras like you have pictured. The part that sucks is the little bit of 'real-estate' reclaimed got cluttered with different and new stuff :roll: .

I'll stay away from the gm parts comments if you stay away from the ford parts comments :lol: .

Good luck in figuring out what you wanna do with it all.

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

klavy69 wrote: I'll stay away from the gm parts comments if you stay away from the ford parts comments :lol: .
One thing Ford and Chevy nuts can agree on, pick on Dodge instead. I mean, really....whose idea was it to put the starter and steering shaft on the same side, have you seen the header clearances?! Lol
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

gomachv wrote:
klavy69 wrote: I'll stay away from the gm parts comments if you stay away from the ford parts comments :lol: .
One thing Ford and Chevy nuts can agree on, pick on Dodge instead. I mean, really....whose idea was it to put the starter and steering shaft on the same side, have you seen the header clearances?! Lol
Well I guess I'm screwed with the jokes, We own one of each :P
I've had maybe 20 replies, and no sales yet, could it be, that I'm the only one who doesn't think that this is all junk :shock:

illshou
Approved Member

Post by illshou »

Kind of like me with subaru's. I think i have 5. Only 2 on the road.

scootmike
Approved Member

Post by scootmike »

Know the feeling, this might be the year I unload a bunch of old motorscooters from the '50s, several 80's Honda CT and C series bikes.
Trying to get back into working on my cars, 77 Firebird Formula, 78 Trans Am, 70 Challenger, and a 66 GTO,
Figure if I don't do something with them this year, it might be time to let them go.
Funny how things that used to be important really don't matter anymore, guess I'm getting old!

soniccj5
Approved Member

Post by soniccj5 »

I also understand having almost enough parts around the house to build another CJ-7 along with a complete Jeep that needs a frame/bdoy/rebuilt axles/seats.. Unfortunately, the spare parts I do have, are not what I need and decided to cut my losses and part out my CJ-7 along with all the parts, but now I want to keep it all. Purchased a TJ Rubicon to replace the CJ-7.

Yes, it is really hard to let go.

At least R/Cs are much easier to store.

THUNDERSTRIKE1
Approved Member

Post by THUNDERSTRIKE1 »

marlo wrote:Other then RC cars/parts, I have collected a huge inventory of GM truck parts over the years, well its now time to let it go :cry: I have since sold a truck, and now thinking of selling my "hot rod". It's not the money, but feel a need to change something. I've spent the better part of this week (and this weekend) clearing out my crawl space, shed, garage, and have come up with a very large pile of crap. I'll never use any of it, and a few bucks on the side can't hurt. problem is everything I re-discover in my lot, I fall in love with again :roll: I take great pride knowing that if I ever need a part, all I have to do is go to my bone yard. Some parts I have restored, others in waiting. Very hard for me, but the real bonus is not the cash, but the square footage I regain. The jokers I have been dealing with this week have left a bad taste in my mouth, and feel its not even worth it, but the ball is rolling, so there's no turning back now, I guess. I may post some pics up after I get some lots together.......... please refrain from any jokes on why a GM owner would need a huge pile of parts :lol:
TOO keep away the FORDS :lol: AND KEEP OUT RUNNING THEM.The mopars just tryn keep up. :lol: 8) don

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

I have four first gen rx7's, two Suzuki bandits, and a gang of parts for both laying around. I should just get rid of it all, but I keep telling myself "one day"......