Traxxas TRX .12 rear swing arm toe in

The place for all things Traxxas.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

rnoswal3434
Approved Member

Traxxas TRX .12 rear swing arm toe in

Post by rnoswal3434 »

Apparently I have a Traxxas TRX .12 or .15. From a question I asked earlier it seems a Rustler is pretty close to this. Unless they are actally the same. What I want to do it to put on rear swing arms that don't toe the rear wheels as much as the stock arms. Some toe in is good for stability but the toe in on my car compared to new nitro engined trucks or cars are nearly as much.

Before I just buy a set, I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with the TRX .12 and trying different rear swing arms that might have less toe in. I have tried swapping them from left to right but it gives just a bit of toe out and not really comfortable with that. I would be happy with neutral, "0" toe in. I can measure it if it would help to compare it with other rear toe in. All of my electric cars are almost neutral with that measurement.

I imagine this is a mid 90's truck.

Russ
Attachments
image000019.jpg
image000017.jpg

GoMachV

Re: Traxxas TRX .12 rear swing arm toe in

Post by GoMachV »

Easiest way to take toe out of the nitro rustler is to flip your stock 2798 inner arm mounts (1*/-1*). They also sell a 2797 0* mount. You can also use 4353 4tec rear hub carriers (1.5*) installed on the opposite side. This will reduce the toe instead of adding to it. These trucks have always had a lot of toe.
Attachments
37EE51F1-8260-41D8-8145-8DF82725936D.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The rustler is a close relative of the SRT (electric) and uses pretty much the same rear suspension. Here are some clippings from the manual that may help.
18C8C0F0-4E1B-42CD-9ABC-6A1ABCBE0BE0.jpeg
76AD58FA-4D77-4727-A6C4-B98D07507A12.jpeg
078095E4-0904-4858-9A68-ECCCB8D781B7.jpeg
4336EDA6-9DCD-485B-9317-1EBE28E41C91.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

rnoswal3434
Approved Member

Post by rnoswal3434 »

Thanks! That is really some great info. I have the wedge pieces and the mount for the swing arm on mine has a "A" and a 1 below it. It looks like those are still available so will look into that. This is why I joined. Just good info and no saying " this has been written about a million times...", its still relevant to guys like me who are just trying to get their old stuff back up and running.

Thanks again

Russ

rnoswal3434
Approved Member

Post by rnoswal3434 »

I did as suggested and got the toe almost to 0 degrees. I really don't need it neutral but thats how it came out by switching the rear swing arms. I did order some degree blocks and the 1.5 hub carrier to get the toe closer to my SRT electric truck. I am also refreshing the engine, fuel line, glow plugs, front carb seal and an air cleaner. Will post some pics someday for the the hell of it. Will be a backyard or vacant parking lot runner for now.

I just found out that the Shop, not sure about the track yet, my daughters and I used to race at is still there! Will call to see if they have a track to try this out someday. 60 miles away is still a pain but better than nothing. AS I try to build up my posts so I can get into the buy/sell/wanted I will keep posting. Still looking for HPI parts

Russ