B4 Shock Options

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

jeepy2013
Approved Member

B4 Shock Options

Post by jeepy2013 »

I have a old B4, original short chassis car that is missing the shocks. Trying to figure out a good option for shocks to put on it, the 4.2 FT style shocks seems to be almost non existent (and I don't want spend a small fortune). I know we have some newer options and perhaps aftermarket just to get it in one piece and running again. My question is...if I went with some aftermarket metric options, what length shocks and I looking for? I'm seeing some Yeah Racing big bore shocks in 70mm or 80mm for the front and 90mm or 100mm for the rear. Thanks!

JosephS

Re: B4 Shock Options

Post by JosephS »

jeepy2013 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:43 pm I have a old B4, original short chassis car that is missing the shocks. Trying to figure out a good option for shocks to put on it, the 4.2 FT style shocks seems to be almost non existent (and I don't want spend a small fortune). I know we have some newer options and perhaps aftermarket just to get it in one piece and running again. My question is...if I went with some aftermarket metric options, what length shocks and I looking for? I'm seeing some Yeah Racing big bore shocks in 70mm or 80mm for the front and 90mm or 100mm for the rear. Thanks!
I don't know exactly why lengths you would need in hot racing lengths, but the b4.2, b5,b5m and b6 should all have very similar shock lengths and should work for the b4 provided the standoffs are added.

There is a guide on how to update the 4/4.1 b to 12mm shocks on rc10.com
img2.associatedelectrics.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/shared/91314_12mm-BigBore-Shocks.pdf

I have also seen a few sets of the v2 threaded shocks in the b4 lengths on ebay.

jeepy2013
Approved Member

Post by jeepy2013 »

JosephS wrote: Wed Mar 08, 2023 2:51 pm
jeepy2013 wrote: Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:43 pm I have a old B4, original short chassis car that is missing the shocks. Trying to figure out a good option for shocks to put on it, the 4.2 FT style shocks seems to be almost non existent (and I don't want spend a small fortune). I know we have some newer options and perhaps aftermarket just to get it in one piece and running again. My question is...if I went with some aftermarket metric options, what length shocks and I looking for? I'm seeing some Yeah Racing big bore shocks in 70mm or 80mm for the front and 90mm or 100mm for the rear. Thanks!
I don't know exactly why lengths you would need in hot racing lengths, but the b4.2, b5,b5m and b6 should all have very similar shock lengths and should work for the b4 provided the standoffs are added.

There is a guide on how to update the 4/4.1 b to 12mm shocks on rc10.com
img2.associatedelectrics.com/pdf/cars_and_trucks/shared/91314_12mm-BigBore-Shocks.pdf

I have also seen a few sets of the v2 threaded shocks in the b4 lengths on ebay.
Thank You, that's the problem I was having. Trying to convert to a length (eye to eye) that these aftermarket shocks use. :roll: I'll have a look at that link though, thank you. It didn't come up in the search for some reason.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

It's not easy information to find. I just happen to be looking for shocks for two b4 projects.