New dewd

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mwildmann
Approved Member

New dewd

Post by Mwildmann »

Hi everyone. New here, looking forward to hanging out with you all. Owner of several vintage rides: Marui Big Bear, RC10T3 (daughter's truck), less vintage rides: HG "Bruiser" knock-off, monster converted Ofna LX2E, LC Racing MT, Losi Ten-Te. Maybe I'm showing my age and some of my "less than vintage rides" are now considered vintage. My son has a Dromida DT4.18 (which I hate and will soon be upgraded).

Currently working on a driving restoration of what I think is a Factory Team Graphite car. I'll do my best to post a pic, I'm sure you all will know much better than I what I'm working on. Picked it up with a big lot of stuff for free off of CL. Will be working on it as parts arrive while I recover from achilles tendon surgery.
Attachments
20230319_134319_reduced.jpg

RC10resto

Re: New dewd

Post by RC10resto »

Welcome, and nice freebie!

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

welcome!! Nice haul!

take your time, plenty to read, Ask questions and post pictures!!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

Nice! The RC10 Graphite is probably my favorite version of the RC10. I think everyone should have at least one.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Mwildmann wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 4:55 pm Hi everyone. New here, looking forward to hanging out with you all. Owner of several vintage rides: Marui Big Bear, RC10T3 (daughter's truck), less vintage rides: HG "Bruiser" knock-off, monster converted Ofna LX2E, LC Racing MT, Losi Ten-Te. Maybe I'm showing my age and some of my "less than vintage rides" are now considered vintage. My son has a Dromida DT4.18 (which I hate and will soon be upgraded).

Currently working on a driving restoration of what I think is a Factory Team Graphite car. I'll do my best to post a pic, I'm sure you all will know much better than I what I'm working on. Picked it up with a big lot of stuff for free off of CL. Will be working on it as parts arrive while I recover from achilles tendon surgery.
That is a really great looking rc10. Looking forward to seeing that running.

Mwildmann
Approved Member

Post by Mwildmann »

Thank you all for the warm welcome.

My brother had a black tub RC-10 when we were kids, and I was always jealous and always wanted on of my own. Now I got one. 8) I had an original Blackfoot at the time that I was not very nice to. Believe he still has an RC-10GT to this day although I imagine it's in pieces. I should ask him if I can buy it from him.

Mwildmann
Approved Member

Post by Mwildmann »

JosephS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:33 pm
Thanks, Joseph!

Beyond picking up the missing parts and cleaning up everything else, my plans include a mild brushless system running 2S, Anaconda tires for a Traxxas Bandit, I have an RC-10B3 slipper clutch on the way now, tiny front bumper to prevent further deterioration of the CF, 2.2 wheels from JConcepts. And of course a new body probably from Boki I guess.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Mwildmann wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:54 pm
JosephS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 5:33 pm
Thanks, Joseph!

Beyond picking up the missing parts and cleaning up everything else, my plans include a mild brushless system running 2S, Anaconda tires for a Traxxas Bandit, I have an RC-10B3 slipper clutch on the way now, tiny front bumper to prevent further deterioration of the CF, 2.2 wheels from JConcepts. And of course a new body probably from Boki I guess.
That's a solid plan on parts. I have most of those on my running cars. The anaconda tires fit the jconcepts wheels perfectly. The j-concepts wheels use a 3/16" modern axle as opposed to a 1/4" that was standard.JC racing has the wheels that fit modern tires and stock 1/4" axles. The stealth transmission don't have trouble handing brushless 2s systems.

You can look at an undertray or chassis protector in addition to the bumper to preserve the chassis.

Mwildmann
Approved Member

Post by Mwildmann »

JosephS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:03 pm
That's a solid plan on parts. I have most of those on my running cars. The anaconda tires fit the jconcepts wheels perfectly. The j-concepts wheels use a 3/16" modern axle as opposed to a 1/4" that was standard.JC racing has the wheels that fit modern tires and stock 1/4" axles. The stealth transmission don't have trouble handing brushless 2s systems.

You can look at an undertray or chassis protector in addition to the bumper to preserve the chassis.
Guessing that a different bearing can't adapt the JConcepts wheels to my buggy? I'll go check out those wheels from JC Racing. Any problems with the Anaconda tires with the JC Racing wheels?

And, thanks for the info. Appreciate it.

Mwildmann
Approved Member

Post by Mwildmann »

JosephS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:03 pm JC racing has the wheels that fit modern tires and stock 1/4" axles.
These 5-spoke wheels for the RC-10 are sick and cheaper than the JConcepts. Thanks for the heads up on that!

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

A set of Custom Works 7210 CVDs makes a nice upgrade to the 3/16" axle size and lets you use the JConcepts B2/B3 rear wheels. Just needs 2 pair of FR166ZZ bearings for the CVD axles.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Mwildmann
Approved Member

Post by Mwildmann »

Frankentruck wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:43 pm A set of Custom Works 7210 CVDs makes a nice upgrade to the 3/16" axle size and lets you use the JConcepts B2/B3 rear wheels. Just needs 2 pair of FR166ZZ bearings for the CVD axles.
Well, now I'm confused. Aren't my front axles 3/16 and my rears 1/4?

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Mwildmann wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:50 pm
Frankentruck wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 7:43 pm A set of Custom Works 7210 CVDs makes a nice upgrade to the 3/16" axle size and lets you use the JConcepts B2/B3 rear wheels. Just needs 2 pair of FR166ZZ bearings for the CVD axles.
Well, now I'm confused. Aren't my front axles 3/16 and my rears 1/4?
You got it right. The customworks part Frankentruck quoted can update the older cars, like yours, with 1/4" rear axles to 3/16 rear axles. That lets you run the jconcepts wheels. As long as your axles aren't worn out you can just use the jc racing wheels. If you want to run modern hex rear wheels factory works has an adapter for 1/4" rear axles to modern 12mm hex.

Mwildmann
Approved Member

Post by Mwildmann »

JosephS wrote: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:05 pm You got it right. The customworks part Frankentruck quoted can update the older cars, like yours, with 1/4" rear axles to 3/16 rear axles. That lets you run the jconcepts wheels. As long as your axles aren't worn out you can just use the jc racing wheels. If you want to run modern hex rear wheels factory works has an adapter for 1/4" rear axles to modern 12mm hex.
Awesome, about to pull the trigger on the 5-spoke wheels from JC Racing as long as the fitment with the Anaconda tires is nice.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

The JC Racing 5 spokes only come in narrow fronts, similar to those used in the 90's. Schumacher, Proline, and JConcepts have a few narrow options.

Anaconda fronts are really a modern style, wide tire. They can be made to work but they will be awkward to install and look a little odd.

I believe that they offer the solid wheel in the wide format.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.