I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

purpletimbo
Approved Member
Posts: 1135
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: York, England RC10 DS Nitro 1/10
Been thanked: 1 time

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by purpletimbo »

I am sorely tempted by the 1/12 Yokomo one, especially as I found one for £99 NIB over here.
http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=sP7ygndo-wY
Image
Image
Image
Image
:D

User avatar
bearrickster
Approved Member
Posts: 4375
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Hollywood Maryland
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by bearrickster »

That one is cool to!
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

User avatar
Doc J33P
Approved Member
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Katy, TX

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by Doc J33P »

See, "over there" is the key. A few of us "over here" are waiting to get our hands on one of those. They are the only ones so far to do an MOA in 1.9 scale. Be interested to see one for sure.
35 years of RC and still broke!

badhoopty
Approved Member
Posts: 3748
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 7:12 pm
Has thanked: 9 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by badhoopty »

i bought one for the axles on a samurai build. the things are pretty darn cool, but unless you have to have new stuff i would wait awhile until people start getting tired of them and they get cheaper on ebay.

i got mine basically new for 200 and imho that was still a tad too much...

but like i said its a pretty cool rig.

User avatar
y2kgtp
Approved Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Deltona, FL

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by y2kgtp »

I just got to pick one up (handle, not purchase....) at the hobby shop today....smaller than I thought it would be, but the suspension is really cool....I could twist it left and right and is amazing on the suspension throw.

Shop had all these little self stick lead weights on the front and rear, prob to help with the balance. Not sure if they did the inside of the rims or not as I have been reading.....

Just looks fun for playing around inside nice and slow....throw some boxes down and go over them....

User avatar
bearrickster
Approved Member
Posts: 4375
Joined: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:36 pm
Location: Hollywood Maryland
Been thanked: 4 times

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by bearrickster »

I got a Losi catalog in the mail tody they say their will be a 1/10 crawler. next year Iwill post pictures when I can see the keyboard . Sorry my sleeping pills kicking in hard and fast good night everyone.
LOSI RULES!!

Bearrickster's Rides
http://www.rc10talk.com/viewtopic.php?f=77&t=16714

User avatar
y2kgtp
Approved Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Deltona, FL

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by y2kgtp »

bearrickster wrote:I got a Losi catalog in the mail tody they say their will be a 1/10 crawler. next year Iwill post pictures when I can see the keyboard . Sorry my sleeping pills kicking in hard and fast good night everyone.
Yeap...they announced this a month or so ago.....I got excited until I learned it was just a race roller...It was
real misleading in the photos as it shows batteries, motor, Rx ect....

http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSA0051

User avatar
scr8p
Administrator
Posts: 16489
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:46 am
Location: Northampton, PA
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 924 times

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by scr8p »

a roller? are you telling me that who ever buys it will have to install a radio system AND set it up? that's just awful.

well, atleast they built the truck itself. i know i'm far to busy watching tv and fondling myself to accomplish that task. :roll:



:mrgreen:

User avatar
y2kgtp
Approved Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Deltona, FL

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by y2kgtp »

scr8p wrote:a roller? are you telling me that who ever buys it will have to install a radio system AND set it up? that's just awful.

well, atleast they built the truck itself. i know i'm far to busy watching tv and fondling myself to accomplish that task. :roll:
:mrgreen:
I was just hopping for a RTR for under 300$ :mrgreen:

It's not the work, it's what you get for the money.....

Then again, the mini crawler is pretty expensive against the other 1/18th vehicles Losi has....

User avatar
Doc J33P
Approved Member
Posts: 321
Joined: Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:16 pm
Location: Katy, TX

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by Doc J33P »

Yup, it is a roller without electronics - oh damn, lol.

So what? If you are into crawling then you know that the Losi 2.2 comes with the "Crawler Shocks" that are the best on the market and retail for around $50. You get the "Rock Claw" tires which are arguably the best tire on the market and retail for $45 for a set. You get the new Grappler body which is designed around the first one but with a lower stance and better design. Most importantly you are getting worm gear axles!!! Not a big deal to many, but to those who know, the worms are going to be taking over. Shafty's are still my fave too, no more Bergs or clod look-a-likes in the 2.2 class. Sure they will be there, but the Losi is going to take over big time. No more drag brake, higher axle clearance, adjustable shock mounts, two position dig. This thing is gonna be tits!!!!

Glad I know some sponsored drivers here, lol. Hopefully will be driving it soon - like this next weeks comp, he he he.
35 years of RC and still broke!

User avatar
y2kgtp
Approved Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Deltona, FL

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by y2kgtp »

Doc J33P wrote:Yup, it is a roller without electronics - oh damn, lol.

So what? If you are into crawling then you know that the Losi 2.2 comes with the "Crawler Shocks" that are the best on the market and retail for around $50. You get the "Rock Claw" tires which are arguably the best tire on the market and retail for $45 for a set. You get the new Grappler body which is designed around the first one but with a lower stance and better design. Most importantly you are getting worm gear axles!!! Not a big deal to many, but to those who know, the worms are going to be taking over. Shafty's are still my fave too, no more Bergs or clod look-a-likes in the 2.2 class. Sure they will be there, but the Losi is going to take over big time. No more drag brake, higher axle clearance, adjustable shock mounts, two position dig. This thing is gonna be tits!!!!

Glad I know some sponsored drivers here, lol. Hopefully will be driving it soon - like this next weeks comp, he he he.
It does look cool.

I'm not into crawling, just the 1/18th looked like fun....and that is how the trouble (and expense) starts..... :lol:

User avatar
scr8p
Administrator
Posts: 16489
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:46 am
Location: Northampton, PA
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 924 times

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by scr8p »

i wouldn't say i'm into crawling. not anymore, anyway. i was into it before you could go out and simply buy one. i built a 2.2 clod (from scratch) but sold it awhile back. i haven't built another, mainly because of sticking all of my rc money into rc10s. i just like it from the creativity aspect. you don't see that in any other form of the hobby. so for you to tell me that it comes with the best shocks and tires, i'd just have to take your word for it. but there's no good reason it needs to be prebuilt. they can put all of those parts in a box and make the person build it. it'd probably be cheaper, too.

User avatar
y2kgtp
Approved Member
Posts: 421
Joined: Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:04 am
Location: Deltona, FL

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by y2kgtp »

scr8p wrote:i wouldn't say i'm into crawling. not anymore, anyway. i was into it before you could go out and simply buy one. i built a 2.2 clod (from scratch) but sold it awhile back. i haven't built another, mainly because of sticking all of my rc money into rc10s. i just like it from the creativity aspect. you don't see that in any other form of the hobby. so for you to tell me that it comes with the best shocks and tires, i'd just have to take your word for it. but there's no good reason it needs to be prebuilt. they can put all of those parts in a box and make the person build it. it'd probably be cheaper, too.
for some reason Losi (Horizon) is having everything come "assembled" all except for the last few 1/10th vehicles....I guess the current crowd of people just want to install a radio and go....and not mess with the time of building a kit.

'Instant gratification' and 'charge and go' is what this is hobby is turning into it seems.....

User avatar
scr8p
Administrator
Posts: 16489
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:46 am
Location: Northampton, PA
Has thanked: 28 times
Been thanked: 924 times

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by scr8p »

y2kgtp wrote:'Instant gratification' and 'charge and go' is what this is hobby is turning into it seems.....
ya.............. and it's pretty friggin' sad if you ask me. :roll:

User avatar
Halgar
Approved Member
Posts: 3282
Joined: Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:34 pm
Location: USA
Has thanked: 137 times
Been thanked: 170 times

Re: I think I want a Losi Mini crawler....

Post by Halgar »

y2kgtp wrote: for some reason Losi (Horizon) is having everything come "assembled" all except for the last few 1/10th vehicles....I guess the current crowd of people just want to install a radio and go....and not mess with the time of building a kit.

'Instant gratification' and 'charge and go' is what this is hobby is turning into it seems.....
Look at it this way, for those that just want instant gratification, they'll buy this toy, get frustrated with it and dump it on SleazeBay for a fraction of what they paid.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
  • Traxxas Slash or Losi Mini Crawler....which would you keep?
    by y2kgtp » » in Off-Topic / Chit-Chat
    27 Replies
    1407 Views
    Last post by Halgar
  • New School losi: Comp Crawler bug
    by aconsola » » in Losi Forum
    8 Replies
    775 Views
    Last post by Doc J33P
  • Losi Mini B/Mini t 2.0
    by JosephS » » in 21st Century Modern
    5 Replies
    3650 Views
    Last post by joe sumasky
  • Losi Mini-B Flash Sale
    by limestang » » in RC10 Buggy Forum
    6 Replies
    826 Views
    Last post by Diamond Dave
  • New 1/14 Mini 8IGHT RTR by Losi!!
    by jamin » » in Off-Topic / Chit-Chat
    5 Replies
    679 Views
    Last post by jamin
  • Losi slider mini battery charging
    by tommykart » » in Modern Electronics
    2 Replies
    645 Views
    Last post by tommykart
  • How fast is a stock RTR Losi mini 8ight?
    by RC104ever » » in Off-Topic / Chit-Chat
    6 Replies
    2746 Views
    Last post by RC104ever
  • losi mini t brushless powdery slipper pads
    by pedrolucero » » in Modern Electronics
    10 Replies
    1818 Views
    Last post by pedrolucero

Return to “Off-Topic / Chit-Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No User AvatarCommonCrawl [Bot], User avatarduckhead and 0 guests