Who else has a buying problem?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: Who else has a buying problem?

Post by RC10th »

I definately have an RC problem. I'll buy anything from onroad to offroad if the price is right. Lately though I've been seriously thinking of selling off a bit of stuff I don't have much of an interest in to collect more Associated stuff. If there was an AA for RC I'd need to sign up.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

BajaDale wrote:I have a buying problem! I hoard a lot of stuff.... I guess I can't be a hoarder though because if someone is looking for something I usually will sell it. :lol: :lol:
Yep, for an example of hoarding see my sell thread right now, hah. I just need to get better at letting go when I know deep down its the rare parts that excite me and not the rest of the car or build to complete it. Hence selling off some stuff.

Heck maybe it's to pay for the, sheesh, four REC aluminum trans cases I bought, back to hoarding!

fakiee
Approved Member

Post by fakiee »

scr8p wrote:
spend $2.00 on a bumper, $500 later you can attach it to the car you built for it. :lol:
:lol: Yep been there!

I bough an RC lot for just 1 part I needed, included in the lot was a beat up Losi XX, i had never seen one before or had any interest in them. I now have about 4-5 XXs and a few XXTs :D

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

Someone please rename the thread to RCAA (RC Addicts Anonymous).

Same problem here, although after blowing too much money on parts the last two months (because I managed to 'accidentally' win a Lazer ZX-5 Readyset + mostly complete FS conversion set that I just had to convert to a FS2) I will try to limit myself and to try to complete some projects...winning another lot that had a Tamiya Wild Dagger, Blitzer Beetle and Kyosho Ultima ST in it a month earlier didn't help.

Mike DeLaney
Approved Member

Post by Mike DeLaney »

I have a obsession with trying to buy a graphite RC10. I have lost two auctions, Hopefully not tonight. :mrgreen:

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

My problem is I have a list of parts I need to complete builds and look for lots of parts the might include them. Then i have excess parts that can make a whole new car with those parts. So I have short spreadsheet of each car build list. It looks like I have finally hit a limit and am just looking for lexan and tires now.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I found another hobby store today that has been around since the 80's. not a lot of old stuff, but stuff I was looking for :mrgreen: yes, I have a serious problem. It was a 5 hour drive one way.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

i do have a buying problem, but my bigger issue is my selling problem, i can't bring myself to sell anything other then "unwanted junk" from lots that i've bought.

if i like it, it stays. much to my wifes dismay. :mrgreen:

sheriff
Approved Member

Post by sheriff »

Yes, I think most of us here have that problem. There seems something magical about the cars/items we 'couldn't afford' in our youth, that gives us a buzz when we eventually buy one/win auction, or that favourite car we had back in the day. It's all about the nostalgia.

We all seem guilty of hoarding. For example- I always wanted a Reedy Silver Dot motor, 20+ years back. 'The All round performer' the advert said- WOW!! Anyway, I got one just recently off eBay, and was thrilled when it arrived. That was about a month ago, and I've just seen it again, on a shelf discarded amongst a pile of junk- 'oh yeah, that Silver Dot'

I've lost count of the bits n bobs I've accumulated over the past few years, I find I'm constantly saying to myself 'I forgot I had this' whenever I'm looking for something else.

Having said all that, 99% of the stuff I do have is worth no less than what I pad for it, can't be bad! :wink:

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

I am amzed how many cars some of you have! You must have a larger house than me! I have been out of rc for years, but I will be putting my new project RC10 on display soon, in pride of place I hope. I'll see if I can get away with the lounge, but I may have to accept the bedroom :D
GARBO 1/8