Who else has a buying problem?

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

bxlt
Approved Member

Who else has a buying problem?

Post by bxlt »

So currently I have about 33 cars and I have a "Must Have" list with another 23 cars on it (most all cars I lusted after in my youth) and while looking at my ebay watch list only 3 of the 10 cars I have on there are on my must have list. Now I won't buy all of the 7 "other" cars on that list, in fact I may not buy any of them, but my guess is I at some point will buy some of them or some variation of them.

I know I'm not the only one who has a buying problem but do you have a list and work off of that or do you see something that interests you and you buy it when you see it?

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Re: Who else has a buying problem?

Post by klavy69 »

bxlt wrote: I know I'm not the only one who has a buying problem
here is a list of most of the people I know that have a buying problem here

maybe not all have a buying problem but I'm sure there is alot of them that do :P

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

LOL True, I know most all of us are on this site for a reason :D

I was more curious of the process that others use when buying, to you follow that list or buy what you think is cool at that moment. I know that if I had all the cars on my "must have" list wouldn't be done buying.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I don't have a buying problem, I do however have a credit card problem :mrgreen:
When I hit my limit, THEN I have a buying problem
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

askbob
Approved Member

Post by askbob »

:mrgreen:

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I literally haven't been in the B/S/T for years except by accident when following a link or new post every now and then. It's all just too beautiful! :mrgreen: The deals are great too. Once I have some more space I'll be back in there. Hopefully very soon. :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

For a while I was a lot more impulsive. I have been really trying to focus now, however. My RC budget is pretty limited, and I have a jones for an original chain-drive Optima (or maybe two) that simply won't go away until it is satisfied. Right now there are a couple of things on Craigslist that I would have snapped up in a second a year or two ago, but I'm holding out. Eyes on the prize.

Charlie don't surf
Approved Member

Post by Charlie don't surf »

bxlt wrote:LOL True, I know most all of us are on this site for a reason :D

I was more curious of the process that others use when buying, to you follow that list or buy what you think is cool at that moment. I know that if I had all the cars on my "must have" list wouldn't be done buying.
I have a short list of remaining "must have" stuff, but overall...I buy what inspires me. I've built entire cars around sets of cool tires I've found

bxlt
Approved Member

Post by bxlt »

I think my biggest problem is I want mint in box Shumacher Cat on a very busted Grasshopper budget, so when I see that Kyosho USA-1 mint in box for $450 or see some other car for sub $100 its a lot easier to pull the trigger on other car.

I guess I just need to sell off everything (non RC) and just get what I want to.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Charlie don't surf wrote:but overall...I buy what inspires me. I've built entire cars around sets of cool tires I've found
x2.

spend $2.00 on a bumper, $500 later you can attach it to the car you built for it. :lol:

BajaDale

Post by BajaDale »

I have a buying problem! I hoard a lot of stuff.... I guess I can't be a hoarder though because if someone is looking for something I usually will sell it. :lol: :lol:

losiXXXman
Approved Member

Post by losiXXXman »

I wouldn't say I have a buying problem.....just a WANTing problem.....I cannot afford a buying problem :lol: I don't even lust after mint examples/pristine resto's or the like. I have a lot of cool ideas for builds that I just don't have the $$ to execute. Most of them don't even require rarified parts. If i had 15 or twenty "friends" that could share junky parts boxes with, I could get a lot more done. I'm just kind of socially isolated form the RC scene.....and have pocket lint AND dust bunnies for funds. :lol:

klavy69
Location: Fulton, IL (Land of one stop light but we DO have a windmill!)

Post by klavy69 »

Charlie don't surf wrote: I've built entire cars around sets of cool tires I've found
x2 8) . I'm a tire guy so I've done that when I built stuff for looks. The older I get the more I run my stuff...err, want to run my stuff :?

Todd
Peace and professionlism.....Kabunga signing off!!!

PlastiZapCA+
Approved Member

Post by PlastiZapCA+ »

Over spending and hoarding seems to be a problem in every hobby I've tried. :P On the scale model forum I hang around there is a guy that has over 500 kits! That's probably underestimating to be truthful. I think it's just natural as hobbyist to collect the things we like. If you don't buy it know then chances are it won't be available to you when you want to build it. As long as you don't buy yourself into debt then I don't see a problem with it. Now I'm off to check on my e-Bay bids. :arrow:

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Charlie don't surf wrote:I buy what inspires me.
I do that too...my problem is though, while waiting for the other parts to show up so I can complete that inspiration the muse wanders off. :|