"Other" hobbies (pics)

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

kaiser
Approved Member

Re: "Other" hobbies (pics)

Post by kaiser »

i used to collect rifles. ar's, ak's, weird old com bloc stuff. sold it all except my 10/22, grandpa's side by side and my 2 favorite sks.
i was building and racing vw's, but family got in the way. thats how i got back into rc. pic of my 01 1.8t beetle (400whp, sold)
fast cars have now been replaced with slow, old tractors.
Attachments
shirley2.jpg
shirley2.jpg (39.43 KiB) Viewed 857 times
shirley2.jpg
shirley2.jpg (39.43 KiB) Viewed 857 times
gt1600.jpg
FIVEMIND 001.jpg
sks d.jpg
sks d.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 857 times
sks d.jpg
sks d.jpg (61.1 KiB) Viewed 857 times
albanian.jpg
albanian.jpg (59.84 KiB) Viewed 857 times
albanian.jpg
albanian.jpg (59.84 KiB) Viewed 857 times

Barnfind
Approved Member

Post by Barnfind »

Nice looking wheel horse I'm assuming you restored it as it is missing a few decals and looks in great shape. Have you ever made it out to the wheel horse show?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Wait....are you guys saying there are other hobbies outside of R/C?

Mind...blown!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

DaveM
Approved Member

Post by DaveM »

Hi Guys,

Here's a pic of my two best friends, the girl I've had for 10 years, the boy (he's the one on the left) I

picked him up off the road after he had been hit by a car and knocked unconscious, if he hadn't been

knocked out I doubt if I could have got hold of him, he was a very scared boy, he was alright though

the vet checked him out he was very lucky, but I soon realized how skinny he was and he had been

badly mistreated.

I thought well I can do better than that, I couldn't give him back or try to find his owner if he was

just going to be hurt and starved again, he had no registration disc or micro chip.

So off to dog obedience, he is in level 4 now, 14 months of love and training he is a different dog

now!

Oh and my dirt bike project,

2001 Husqvarna TE570 4 stroke, one thing about Huskys they are not short of Horse Power!

Cheers, Dave.
Attachments
My dogs and my Husky (medium).JPG

kaiser
Approved Member

Post by kaiser »

Barnfind wrote:Nice looking wheel horse I'm assuming you restored it as it is missing a few decals and looks in great shape. Have you ever made it out to the wheel horse show?
no i haven't made it to the "big show". i hve made local shows though. big wheel horse presence around here.
that was a "work horse", low line wheel horse that was repainted red. originally grey. great little tractor.

bully
Approved Member

Post by bully »

I have been collecting Oz touring car stuff mainly Peter Brock and ATCC framed pictures and prints and any oz muscle car stuff I like an can afford.. I also have around fifty Brock 1/18 scale diecast cars and around twenty of other cars oz and some le man stuff.. Also videos and DVDs of mainly oz motorsport and some of the more common world type racing f1 and le man and champion drivers stuff like that.. Will get some pics up later....Just a small selection of my diecast

dsmith
Approved Member

Post by dsmith »

motocross, supercross, death metal drummer, old bmx......

here I am drumming...its a original song.. I was the drummer on the first album....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGacKw8XZn0

here I am in a ABA action about 1983..(top left)

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Chalk up another one of us with a music-related hobby...for me, it's drums.

Sonor Force 3005 maple kit in Black Sparkle lacquer, which was discontinued and replaced with Piano Black lacquer when the Force 3007 kits came out...I have no idea why as it's one of the best-looking finishes of the Force series. I used a heat gun to remove the cheesy-looking puffy-sticker badges from the shells.
Force3005_Sep2014.JPG
And my pride & joy, Sonor Delites in Metallic Marine lacquer. I bought it from an online music instrument warehouse in USA, they didn't know what they had and were selling a 5-piece with super-rare matching 14 x 6" snare drum for $1499...even without the rare matching snare, the 4-piece would've been a $3000 kit. I couldn't whip out the VISA fast enough! Over the years since buying it in 2008, I managed to track down matching 8" and 16" toms. I probably own the only kit in existence in this finish, in 8/10/12/14/16, 22" bass with matching snare. Metallic Marine must not have been too popular as they discontinued that finish too, when Sonor came out with their round-badge Delites...but I think it's cool, it looks either indigo or royal blue with a tint of purple, depending on how the light hits it. It's the kit of a lifetime, I was very fortunate to stumble across it...Delites are arguably among the best-sounding drums ever made, I'll never need to upgrade. 8)
Delites_SideView_Sep2014.JPG
View from the driver's seat:
Delites_ThroneView_Sep2014.JPG
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

Nice kit!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

R Cane wrote:Nice kit!
Thanks, I was very fortunate to snag it...this was during the time when USA was in recession and the Canadian dollar was on par with the American dollar, and before shipping prices jumped through the roof. The timing couldn't have been better...but I remember seeing the ad on a Friday afternoon and deliberating with my inner self whether I should buy them or not, agonizing about it over the whole weekend, because I didn't really have the money...but come Monday morning, I phoned, they sent me some good pictures of the kit and I just had to say WTF and let the VISA do the rest. It took maybe 3 months to pay it off, but you only live once!

You have quite an impressive array of guitars yourself! But I don't know a whole lot about guitars, and can't play either. I learned piano and played a Korg M1 synth for several years though...but when it came to drums, it just felt "right" to me. So about your guitars, got any special ones?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

None that are special as in rare or valuable - and there are maybe 5 or 6 more not in the photo. There are a couple that I'm really fond of, the blonde hollow-body is a great player, an Ovation acoustic/electric that has a really nice sound, and another electric, not in the picture, that a good friend gave to me many years ago. It's currently disassembled to get new electronic guts in it. I can't say I'm a technically great player at any of the instruments in my photo...I do decently with them; I just wanted to have a mini-studio handy when the mood hits me to be musical. I also have a few nice keyboards - Kawai, Korg, Roland, Multi-Vox...I really should thin the herd a bit.
I haven't had time to do much at all musically in several months...very busy...but that should change when winter rolls in and I'm stuck in the house again. My brother Jake is a really good drummer, I'm sure he'd appreciate your kit. He's in an awesome 80's tribute band, and also the Brass Band of the Western Reserve. The closest I get to that is Tuba Christmas (actually I play euphonium) every year...this will be my 26th year playing that.