Paypal Policy Updates

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

limestang
Approved Member

Paypal Policy Updates

Post by limestang »

Just received notice that Paypal is adding additional Buyer Protection policies - See below:

• We're increasing the time for buyers to file merchandise disputes (Item Not Received and Significantly Not as Described) from 45 days to 180 days.
• We're extending buyer protection to include item not received claims for custom made products.
• Because PayPal Seller Protection and Buyer Protection policies may vary from country to country, we're adding language to clarify which country's policy applies when a seller makes a sale to a buyer outside of the U.S.

The first one really seems unreasonable from a seller standpoint. Who wants to sell something and then have the buyer file a claim 6 months later?

Limestang

GoMachV

Re: Paypal Policy Updates

Post by GoMachV »

That blows. Unfortunately they control the market, what can you do :roll: I wish there were good alternatives
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Looks like people will have to start keeping all receipts and info for ALL sales for six months now.... I can see this particular rule getting a fair whack of abuse, I can tell you.

Might have to look into it further, to see how it affects things like PayPal claims and leaving feedback....

eBay seem to be becoming akin to a self-regulating, user pays, taxation department... can't wait until you have to keep all your sale info for 3 - 7 years....

Another nail in the coffin in a system that has no real competitor.... :shock:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I could see it being extended to 2 months, because many shipping companies won't let you even open a shipment-not-received claim until 6 or 8 weeks have passed...that's what I had to do when I shipped some jerk in Australia original gold Hotshot wheels and he claimed to never have received them, even though I had all the proof in the world that they indeed shipped...but none of that mattered to Paypal, they sided with the buyer and I was out $80 or so, and out my item. I had to wait long after the dispute expiration date to be able to file a claim with Canada Post to get reimbursed for my missing item & money. :x

I agree that 6 months is retarded, however.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

That's why I call them payscrew.

justinspeed79
Approved Member

Post by justinspeed79 »

It seems like they are trying to push out individual/private sellers. Bigger retailers probably keep those records anyway.

EvolutionRevolution
Approved Member

Post by EvolutionRevolution »

This is not only going to hurt small private sellers, but also small companies. Time to go back to Western Union Money Transfers, bank-to-bank transfers, and the like. Welcome back to 1995.

Lately I get the impression there's some worldwide movement to nuke the secondary market of used products and also small one- to a few-man companies. Idiotic limitations on what you can send by mail (weapons being banned, I can understand. Paint cans and the like? :roll: ), idiotic limitations on payments you can receive coupled with overly wide consumer protection regulations (which, for some reason, never work with government agencies screwing you over...), etc.,etc.,etc. :evil:

cyber
Approved Member

Post by cyber »

Paypal 101 How to Load Dice...buyers your welcome. Oh and sellers keep paying those fees.

Kyoshojoe
Approved Member

Post by Kyoshojoe »

Funny how Paypal takes their cut from the seller's money immediately upon receiving funds yet, withholds those funds from the seller for an undisclosed time. I would love to see the amount of money they make on the interest earned from other peoples money that they hold in escrow. I've sold a few things on eBay and it usually takes about 8 days from payment before paybully will release funds. I recently sold an item, using Ebay's global shipping program, which was bought by a buyer in Singapore. I received payment on the 15th and I am still waiting to get funds. Sent an Email, but typical of a large corporation have not received any response. I figure they are probably holding the money longer because its an international sale and are waiting for shipment delivery. Well Ebay and Paypal, guess I will cancel global shipping and stick to the good ole US of A. Much easier to deal without the BS of extra packing and delivery times and risks anyways. Its a joke that I have to wait so long and basically hope it gets released tomorrow.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

Kyoshojoe wrote:Funny how Paypal takes their cut from the seller's money immediately upon receiving funds yet, withholds those funds from the seller for an undisclosed time. I would love to see the amount of money they make on the interest earned from other peoples money that they hold in escrow. I've sold a few things on eBay and it usually takes about 8 days from payment before paybully will release funds. I recently sold an item, using Ebay's global shipping program, which was bought by a buyer in Singapore. I received payment on the 15th and I am still waiting to get funds. Sent an Email, but typical of a large corporation have not received any response. I figure they are probably holding the money longer because its an international sale and are waiting for shipment delivery. Well Ebay and Paypal, guess I will cancel global shipping and stick to the good ole US of A. Much easier to deal without the BS of extra packing and delivery times and risks anyways. Its a joke that I have to wait so long and basically hope it gets released tomorrow.
That's actually EXACTLY how they made a good deal of their money, before---when things really were mostly free (for buyers) and before they went apeshit with fees. The money they kept tied up for a week to 10 days from all the millions of transactions made a huge amount of profits in interest gained.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3