"Just a Slash" No Prep Drag Car

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

KidAgain
Approved Member

Re: "Just a Slash" No Prep Drag Car

Post by KidAgain »

Cookie cutter 3D Printing tire inserts is your answer bud look for Tony Bjerke on Facebook.

15$ shipped
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Gone: RC10, Jrx-2 and Jrx-t
Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Yeah, a buddy I race with just got some. We plan on testing them soon. They don't have one listed for the DE phenom tires yet. I ordered some foams from crawler innovations and im hoping they will give a similar result.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I just got my 6 sets of the new crawler innovations foams. There is a coupon code that saves you a bit btw. Probably don’t share that too much cause I think it was just for or group hehe. One thing I found out is even though the wheels are vented with the new foams the tires will hold air like crazy. You need to jam a Allen wrench or similar through the foam. Crazy stuff lol.

I have been printing my own TPU bands in a couple sizes. It’s hard to tell in the pic but mine don’t have the hard line where the layers change like the others on the market. Mine are printed in vase mode so the nozzle never stops and lifts. My proline are 99mm and my DE are 97.5. I set up a pair of Raw speed today and they were good with the 97.5’s as well. If you need a pair let me know and I’ll mail em to ya. I also made a set for my mini street outlaw tires. They are super cool- same width as the regular phenoms but way smaller diameter. Should be fun. Also grabbed a set of DE G6T sprint tires for when we run the real sketchy tracks haha! Same size as the phenoms but siped and grooved
Attachments
5368E1D0-EBB0-4795-B848-3FFD978FD6A0.jpeg
7BF773AE-EEF4-469C-8B8E-07EA3661D9F9.jpeg
7E9AFDD3-00F4-4F4B-B82D-E64C81E5797C.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Thanks Jeff!

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Do the CI foams cut down on the tire expansion as well as the bands? It seems like we're all trying to get the same result, but I've seen a bunch of different ways to get there. I tried a ring of gorilla tape around my foams. I was very exact about being doing it, but in end, it took a ton of weight to balance the tires and they didn't expand evenly, so I scrapped the idea.

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

It looks like Casey is officially calling out the 541. Can't wait to get up north and race with you guys.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

He has some big plans too- did you see he signed papers to rent the old Albany sears building?

We are planing a end of the year cash days in the 360 with a $50 or $100 buy in. They haven’t decided when yet.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Basher67 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 1:16 am Do the CI foams cut down on the tire expansion as well as the bands? It seems like we're all trying to get the same result, but I've seen a bunch of different ways to get there. I tried a ring of gorilla tape around my foams. I was very exact about being doing it, but in end, it took a ton of weight to balance the tires and they didn't expand evenly, so I scrapped the idea.
I will let you know soon haha. The few locals that have ran the foams love em, but they expand the same in the air as regular foams at least for me. I have a few sets set up with bands and a few with the CI foams, hope to make some hits tomorrow and see what’s up.

I have never had luck taping the tire or the foam. It always ends up bunched up one way or another. Impossible to wrap them them identically. I will stick with bands myself unless these foams rock. One thing a couple of our guys do is add baby powder between the foam and the tire to allow it to find it’s happy place without sticking. I totally forgot to do mine lol.
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

There are a handful of us down here that have started to get serious about our drag racing. We've been meeting up a few times a week and doing test runs and some arm drop racing. Starting to get dialed in pretty good and everyone seems to be getting faster every time. I think it won't be long before a few of us start heading north for some cash races. If casey has a building like that, it sounds like we all might be racing right through the winter? Never considered indoors, but I like the sound of it.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Parking lot for drags, he said like four indoor tracks but not one was drag. Might be room for it though. It would be interesting to drag on carpet. Tires would barely wear
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

I wonder if he plans on doing a road race course. I'd love to race tc or a pan car class again. Offroad carpet racing at poorboy's has really slowed down since the covid thing. Im going to show up to race tomorrow, but it will probably be another practice night. There's been some interest up here in a tamiya tc semi-truck class, but with no track to run on, it hasn't taken off yet.

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Jeff, I have to say, the durability of your wheelie bar is impressive. My car became unstable near the 132 ft mark and had a bad tumble. I'm talking catastrophic multiple rollovers and end to end tumbles at speeds that had to be around 60 mph. I though for sure my car was busted for the night. On inspection, the wheelie bar took multiple hits that were visible to the edges and sides, but was completely undamaged. The wreck was so bad, that one rear shock shaft was bent, the wheelie bar mount was half ripped off the car and the rubber tire was half pulled off the traxxas wheelie bar wheel. You weren't kidding. That G10 is good stuff!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Haha that’s awesome, glad to hear it held up for ya 8)
Factory Works website

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

GoMachV wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:14 am I just got my 6 sets of the new crawler innovations foams. There is a coupon code that saves you a bit btw. Probably don’t share that too much cause I think it was just for or group hehe. One thing I found out is even though the wheels are vented with the new foams the tires will hold air like crazy. You need to jam a Allen wrench or similar through the foam. Crazy stuff lol.

I have been printing my own TPU bands in a couple sizes. It’s hard to tell in the pic but mine don’t have the hard line where the layers change like the others on the market. Mine are printed in vase mode so the nozzle never stops and lifts. My proline are 99mm and my DE are 97.5. I set up a pair of Raw speed today and they were good with the 97.5’s as well. If you need a pair let me know and I’ll mail em to ya. I also made a set for my mini street outlaw tires. They are super cool- same width as the regular phenoms but way smaller diameter. Should be fun. Also grabbed a set of DE G6T sprint tires for when we run the real sketchy tracks haha! Same size as the phenoms but siped and grooved
Damn Jeff speak up, how much do you sell the bands for id rather buy from you next time................
Visit Nostalgic RC in the business section or @nostalgicrc on Facebook for your custom RC10DS parts

Current: 3 SC10 first gens, 3 SC10 Street Outlaw's, 12 RC10 DS’s, Carbon RC10T, RC10LSS,RC10L, RC10 Graphite,RC10 B44

KidAgain
Approved Member

Post by KidAgain »

Basher67 wrote: Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:00 am Yeah, a buddy I race with just got some. We plan on testing them soon. They don't have one listed for the DE phenom tires yet. I ordered some foams from crawler innovations and im hoping they will give a similar result.
He has them for the Phenoms now you need to message him.