Pargustore vintage RC parts factory visit

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Pargustore vintage RC parts factory visit

Post by TokyoProf »

I had a visit to Mr. Cho's Pargu factory in Kimpo South Korea yesterday! With his permission, I am posting some photos from my visit and personal tour of his shop! Some of you have purchased from his store on Ebay where he sells hard-to-find vintage RC parts. He sells items that improve current vintage cars along with "bling" aluminum wheels and parts that improve the look and or modernize strengthen vintage vehicles. There is a very nice indoor and outdoor onroad track nearby in Kimpo as well.

He is mostly a one-man shop. He has a very deep level of technical knowledge in designing and manufacturing RC parts. It was fun to see firsthand the process of creating, cutting, polishing, products firsthand. He has a lot of expensive equipment! It's nice to have someone doing this kind of work to keep the vintage folks up and running and enjoying our old vehicles. The walls are lined up with vintage RC that serve as models for his current and next designs. He does it for the passion of RC and his nostalgic memories from the 80s and 90s golden age of RC. I left purchasing many more upgrade items for my Team Associated, Yokomo, Kyosho and Tamiya cars. I was thankful for the discount too.

Overall very impressive and can definitely recommend and support his products! He just opened up a new website as well.

https://www.pargu1.com/
Attachments
FCB84A07-8DC7-487B-9EF5-1D7509292450_1_105_c.jpeg
1EC7A2A3-9CA4-4D26-B83C-65D43BD020E4_1_105_c.jpeg
5ACF8DB7-25DA-4824-A439-515B8650B72C_1_105_c.jpeg
B7B1BCB8-3567-4024-AC7D-AB23D91C15F6_1_105_c.jpeg
F4FEAD94-93D1-4504-B2CE-1B1846C847FF_1_105_c.jpeg
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Pargustore vintage RC parts factory visit

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Are those speakers or fans above that one case. Just curious. They look cool.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:52 pm Are those speakers or fans above that one case. Just curious. They look cool.
No idea...but my guess is a fan to keep things clean and cool with all the machines running.
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:52 pm Are those speakers or fans above that one case. Just curious. They look cool.
Look like A/C to me.
Thanks for sharing Prof , that kind of workshop is like my dream come true , think most of us must have at least one of his products. :D
Looking at the third picture you can see the raw billets of aluminium destined to be wheels!
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Cool to see....just got a set of his wheels in for the 4:10....amazing quality!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

McAnic

Post by McAnic »

TokyoProf wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:48 pm I had a visit to Mr. Cho's Pargu factory in Kimpo South Korea yesterday! With his permission, I am posting some photos from my visit and personal tour of his shop! Some of you have purchased from his store on Ebay where he sells hard-to-find vintage RC parts. He sells items that improve current vintage cars along with "bling" aluminum wheels and parts that improve the look and or modernize strengthen vintage vehicles. There is a very nice indoor and outdoor onroad track nearby in Kimpo as well.

He is mostly a one-man shop. He has a very deep level of technical knowledge in designing and manufacturing RC parts. It was fun to see firsthand the process of creating, cutting, polishing, products firsthand. He has a lot of expensive equipment! It's nice to have someone doing this kind of work to keep the vintage folks up and running and enjoying our old vehicles. The walls are lined up with vintage RC that serve as models for his current and next designs. He does it for the passion of RC and his nostalgic memories from the 80s and 90s golden age of RC. I left purchasing many more upgrade items for my Team Associated, Yokomo, Kyosho and Tamiya cars. I was thankful for the discount too.

Overall very impressive and can definitely recommend and support his products! He just opened up a new website as well.

https://www.pargu1.com/

Thanks for sharing, TokyoProf! I've bought his products and glad he makes them. I always wondered what his shop looks like, pretty impressive for a one-man operation.