RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

MissingSock

Re: RC10 Classic 40th anniversary

Post by MissingSock »

EmptyHand wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:17 pm Agree that LiquidRC has Super Fast shipping - usually same day. I’m in Mass and usually have my parts in 2-3 days from the order.

Now searching their website… that’s another matter :lol:
I halfway signed up to comment on this post. I thought I was missing a search bar on their website or something.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

MissingSock wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:55 pm
EmptyHand wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 5:17 pm Agree that LiquidRC has Super Fast shipping - usually same day. I’m in Mass and usually have my parts in 2-3 days from the order.

I halfway signed up to comment on this post. I thought I was missing a search bar on their website or something.
I always start with Google.
"liquid rc (part number or description)"
That usually works.
I think by omitting a search feature within the website, it encourages browsing (by vehicle, category or brand). When I browse, I often find something else to buy that I wasn't actually searching for. :D
Doug

EmptyHand
Approved Member

Post by EmptyHand »

XLR8 wrote: Fri May 10, 2024 8:00 am
MissingSock wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 11:55 pm

I always start with Google.
"liquid rc (part number or description)"
That usually works.
I think by omitting a search feature within the website, it encourages browsing (by vehicle, category or brand). When I browse, I often find something else to buy that I wasn't actually searching for. :D
This is the way! I also found that searching their eBay store is easier (then cut and paste onto their site to make purchase).

ls1heli

Post by ls1heli »

GoMachV wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:55 pm the highest number we have collected so far is 4930 and the lowest is 0046
Someone posted 5264 on ebay today.

So maybe we are going to be 5,500 to 6,000 units.

jcwrks
Approved Member

Post by jcwrks »

XLR8 wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 4:02 pm It's nice having places like them and Michael's RC as options.
Michael's has raised their price $75 (or more) over the past week. No longer a good deal.
The official TX SKUNK

EmptyHand
Approved Member

Post by EmptyHand »

ls1heli wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 11:38 am
GoMachV wrote: Wed May 08, 2024 8:55 pm the highest number we have collected so far is 4930 and the lowest is 0046
Someone posted 5264 on ebay today.

So maybe we are going to be 5,500 to 6,000 units.
Would be nice if AE could actually provide some clarity around the number of chassis they made and, probably more importantly, what the parts support will be. I’m not sure what’s to be gained by them at this point with the hype already waining. Now it’s about keeping your fan base supported (for that next re-re hopefully).

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I think they are afraid it would set precisence. They have never had any clarity in numbers on any production so the best we can do is keep collecting numbers to see what's out there
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Aridzona

Post by Aridzona »

I ordered later than most of you (May 1st). No shipping info from AE yet. FYI, sales tax was added to my order for Arizona.

(im)patiently awaiting the arrival of my childhood dream car.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

That is what it's all about. $379 is a bargain to be able to build your childhood kit
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

GoMachV wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 5:01 pm That is what it's all about. $379 is a bargain to be able to build your childhood kit
It's a shame we'll never get that chance from Horizon/Losi as it seems they're dead set on making RTR kits and discontinuing things a year later. Not to say I don't enjoy the Mini JRX2/T but both of those are already oop, and I would have liked a fresh 1/10 pair.

I'm happy we have so many other rereleases though. Being able to build and race kits I just couldn't afford when i was a kid is worth the price of entry.
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

fotomatt1

Post by fotomatt1 »

Got my kit on May 3rd, but have been waiting for my box art body from Andy's, which just came a few minutes ago. Now I feel like I can start the build, although I still need to decide on electronics. Any advice? I feel like brushed is the way to go with an RC10. Any tips for a motor / esc combo, and servo for that matter?
IMG_1681.jpg
IMG_1682.JPG

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

That will be a nice build! How frequent of runner are you planning to make it? A brushed motor requires some periodic maintenance (cleaning, brushes, etc) and some attention to limiting the run time to prevent overheating.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

fotomatt1

Post by fotomatt1 »

Frankentruck wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 1:06 pm That will be a nice build! How frequent of runner are you planning to make it? A brushed motor requires some periodic maintenance (cleaning, brushes, etc) and some attention to limiting the run time to prevent overheating.
Probably some very infrequent and very light running. Will be on a shelf most of the time.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

A vintage Novak or Tekin ESC and a vintage brushed motor would look best on the shelf and would be fine for occasional runs. For brand new motor and ESC, the Hobbywing 1060 and 1080 ESCs are good values. The Reedy Radon 2 19T would give good performance and look nice in thd buggy.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

fotomatt1

Post by fotomatt1 »

Frankentruck wrote: Mon May 13, 2024 4:15 pm A vintage Novak or Tekin ESC and a vintage brushed motor would look best on the shelf and would be fine for occasional runs. For brand new motor and ESC, the Hobbywing 1060 and 1080 ESCs are good values. The Reedy Radon 2 19T would give good performance and look nice in thd buggy.
19t appears to be out of stock everywhere. 17.5t should be ok, right? Also, recommendations for steering servo?