Are we ready to add an RC10T ReRe section?

Everything pertaining to the RC10 truck re-release.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JosephS

Re: Are we ready to add an RC10T ReRe section?

Post by JosephS »

b027 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 6:47 pm I didn’t see it mentioned elsewhere in the thread but just looked closer at the product images and the only picture (one of the top down views) that shows the laser logo has “RC10” with no “T”. The etched logo is conspicuously missing from all the other images except the main callout bubble… maybe it’s just a photoshop glitch from actual etched parts not being ready for the pictures, or maybe there’s another black pan buggy rerelease in the works…???

It makes a lot of sense since all of the molds are made except for the front long arms. They are 2 parts away from a team car.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Or a CE car
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

RC10th wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 8:59 pmOr a CE car

A black pan car with gold shocks and bushings.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

Frankentruck wrote: Wed May 22, 2024 11:42 am
Lowgear wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 11:48 pm Even though it was taken down, that's enough confirmation for me that it's eventually happening. :mrgreen:
That was it. AE was waiting for the ReRe 10T subform to be created before they would put them on sale. Clear cause and effect. :lol:

I'm order #246xxx. Dang, they're making a bunch of these!

So far, I'm not seeing the 10T rere pop up on other seller's sites so full FOMO has kicked-in and I went ahead and pre-ordered through AE.
I'm order number 2475xx. Assuming AE's order numbers are sequential, there have been less than 1500 total orders since you placed yours.
I certainly hope AE has stocked more than 1500 of these. :?
Doug

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:28 pm They will be apparently selling them through HobbyTown at the local retail level only. I will be on that side of town tomorrow, and will see what the local store says. HT chat confirmed that they are not planning on selling them online at this point, but to check back in, because these situations tend to fluctuate.

Went by my local HTUSA, and they can't really look up anything. They just know that they don't have any. I put my name on the list with them as I know they will get some.

Side Note: The HTUSA in Richmond, VA has three 40ths in stock.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:23 pm
morrisey0 wrote: Thu May 23, 2024 4:28 pm They will be apparently selling them through HobbyTown at the local retail level only. I will be on that side of town tomorrow, and will see what the local store says. HT chat confirmed that they are not planning on selling them online at this point, but to check back in, because these situations tend to fluctuate.
... Side Note: The HTUSA in Richmond, VA has three 40ths in stock.

"Sold out" on their website so apparently they are only selling them in the store. I'm curious; did you happen to notice the price?
Doug

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

XLR8 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:41 pm "Sold out" on their website so apparently they are only selling them in the store. I'm curious; did you happen to notice the price?

That may have been a smart thing to look into! :) I did not. TBH, I doubt they would have been able to tell me, as I don't think they could even see them in the system.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:52 pm
XLR8 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 1:41 pm "Sold out" on their website so apparently they are only selling them in the store. I'm curious; did you happen to notice the price?
That may have been a smart thing to look into! :) I did not. TBH, I doubt they would have been able to tell me, as I don't think they could even see them in the system.

Honestly, I wouldn't have looked at the price either since I already have one 40th and I'm not looking to buy a second one.
Anyway, don't they mark prices directly on their stock? I'm referring the three 40th kits they have.
Doug

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Oops, I thought you were talking about the T. I didn't look at the 40ths to be honest, because I need another like a hole in the head.............although I thought about it. I just happened to notice the one on the shelf and commented to the manager that I was surprised that was sitting there, and he said he had four in the store, with one spoken for. They have all their prices on the back of the boxes, so you have to make an effort.

TBH, I am playing the 10T a little passively, and wouldn't worry too much about not getting one. I never had one (or wanted one) when I was younger, so I don't have that connection to it. And with two CCs, and a 40th, AE already has enough of my money for right now. But if HT happens to call and say they have one sitting in the back with my name on it, I will probably head on over. :)

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 2:56 pm ... I never had one (or wanted one) when I was younger, so I don't have that connection to it. ...

Same here but I've been rebuilding an old 10T clunker and suddenly I can't seem to get enough.
As a kid, I didn't like lemon meringue pie and now I can't stop thinking about it. :D
Doug

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

It just now hit me that there's a complete original 10T project boxed somewhere beneath the workbench. All of a sudden the enthusiasm for this re-re 10T just plummeted. A little saddened and pleased at the same time.
-Jerry-

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Mon May 20, 2024 7:15 pm THIS IS THE ONE I'M DOING! Love it. Maybe not enough to build it....maybe this is the one that stays shrink wrapped in the box. But, probably not. :lol: right place, "right" time build. Will be glued to this thread for pre-order intel.

OK this was my initial impulse. I've "slept on it", and I'm gonna pass. I'm not really a "collector" or an "it's an investment" guy. It would be sweet to have one. Anyway. Thought I'd clutter the thread here with my deep thoughts. So there it is.
Hope you're doin' something fun.

Ronbo
Approved Member

Post by Ronbo »

I talked to Tacoma RC raceway, as they got me the CC and 40th Anniversary and the 870C. THey put me on the list for 10T and said Associated said the first run is limited. I also put a direct order through AE, just in case.
If when i get one, i plan to upgrade it with the parts I put on my CLiff Lett repro tribute, return it to shelf queen, and run the re re instead of scratching the painted Flo Red tub of the original.

Brendan2904
Approved Member

Post by Brendan2904 »

Can someone explain the "outlawed" front wheels story?

ls1heli

Post by ls1heli »

Pre Ordered mine direct from AE.

Everything went smooth earlier this month with the 40th car.

I wonder if these are going to be numbered as well.