Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

juicedcoupe

Re: Bored? Come To The Chit / Chat Thread

Post by juicedcoupe »

TRX-1-3 wrote: Thu Jun 09, 2022 8:36 pm ... so I come across as "the weirdo" alot.
Probably better than how I come across to most people.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

So I ended up getting a CRP RC10 MT conversion kit for free, and was going to go the traditional route with a Blackfoot sized rig, but then I realized I had a kinda junky 10T sitting around, and well then genius kicks in! :lol:
RC10 MT 1.jpg
RC10 MT 2.jpg
RC10 MT 3.jpg
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:39 pm So I ended up getting a CRP RC10 MT conversion kit for free, and was going to go the traditional route with a Blackfoot sized rig, but then I realized I had a kinda junky 10T sitting around, and well then genius kicks in! :lol:
RC10 MT 1.jpg
RC10 MT 2.jpg
RC10 MT 3.jpg
I want to see that servo move the tires with that servo saver in between.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

JosephS wrote: Fri Jun 10, 2022 9:54 pm I want to see that servo move the tires with that servo saver in between.
Turning left and right is the least of that rig's issues! :mrgreen:
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

So,
I just happened to actually pay attention to an ad at the bottom of this forum and something seemed strange.

This couple seems to be quite happy and having a good time. Old mate has his arm around his wife or girlfriend or whoever she is during sunset, hang on, where's the remote? Surely he's not just holding it in the air and they are both admiring it.

Romantic.jpg
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

RC10th wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:20 am Old mate has his arm around his wife or girlfriend or whoever she is during sunset, hang on, where's the remote? Surely he's not just holding it in the air and they are both admiring it.
I feel like she may be holding the joystick, and his look of pleasure has nothing to do with the quad. :D

So a guy that I have bought some older rigs from posted pics of a Stealth trans in box earlier, and the original cost struck me! Let's say this box is from 1989, with inflation, that trans would $282 today!! :shock:
Attachments
rc10 stealth box 1.jpg

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Which is why I had a cheap Cox/Kyosho car back then instead of a RC10.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

morrisey0 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:26 pm
RC10th wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:20 am Old mate has his arm around his wife or girlfriend or whoever she is during sunset, hang on, where's the remote? Surely he's not just holding it in the air and they are both admiring it.
I feel like she may be holding the joystick, and his look of pleasure has nothing to do with the quad. :D
:lol: :lol:

The sticker price was MSRP, street price would have been much less. I have a couple empty stealth boxes so it would be interesting to see if they have a price sticker on one of them, I'll check.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Tower Hobbies. June, 1992.
Screenshot_20220615-213631_Gallery.jpg
$65.99

TRX-1-3

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Been to the storage unit. Consolidating some stuff.

NIB TRX-1 w/SWB chassis build

AND

Murdered out new parts Composite Craft chassis build

Those are my build plans (general)
Hope you're doin' something fun.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

So, I get a toll violation in the mail from a company in Portsmouth, Va (a town I haven't been to in almost 30 years), and it does a great job of showing a picture of a motorcycle (I don't own a motorcycle) with a plate clearly on the side of the rear fender (so it can't be picked up by camera). But, somehow, on the next page (not shown), they identify a tag number (which isn't a tag number on a vehicle I own), and then somehow they end up sending me an invoice!?!?!? :roll:
Attachments
ert violation 2.jpg

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Seems like a lot of work on their part for $5.81

R6cowboy

Post by R6cowboy »

I've had an eye out for a RC10 T4.1 Factory Team "box only" for a while now, also an original manual. Today I finally cross paths with said box, except it came with the T4.1 Factory Team stadium truck. So I did the only logical thing a r/c guy would do, I buy it because I want that dang box. But now I have a third factory team T4 that I really have no desire for. I'm gonna clean it up nice, replace any boogered up screws and/or parts (are none according to sale), and make sure all maintenance is up to snuff. Then put it up for sell for a very reasonable price, basically what I have in it. And I picked it up at a pretty low price.
-Jerry-

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

RC10th wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 8:20 am So,
I just happened to actually pay attention to an ad at the bottom of this forum and something seemed strange.

This couple seems to be quite happy and having a good time. Old mate has his arm around his wife or girlfriend or whoever she is during sunset, hang on, where's the remote? Surely he's not just holding it in the air and they are both admiring it.

Romantic.jpg
"Vrrrrooooomm!" :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Halgar
Approved Member

Post by Halgar »

morrisey0 wrote: Fri Jun 17, 2022 7:35 pm So, I get a toll violation in the mail from a company in Portsmouth, Va (a town I haven't been to in almost 30 years), and it does a great job of showing a picture of a motorcycle (I don't own a motorcycle) with a plate clearly on the side of the rear fender (so it can't be picked up by camera). But, somehow, on the next page (not shown), they identify a tag number (which isn't a tag number on a vehicle I own), and then somehow they end up sending me an invoice!?!?!? :roll:
I had a similar instance about a year ago in San Francisco. I was actually in Santa Rosa, the next burg up the road and trying to get to Vallejo, however, there are NO SIGNS to direct you to Vallejo, so I missed the turn and ended up committed to going through the toll booth at the Golden Gate bridge. Now, the toll booth is well before the bridge, however the side street I turned around on was passed the booth.

At any rate, the booth was actually closed, which means free passage! No, no, the Bastarrds send me a toll ticket in the mail for $5 or whatever it was. I was so frigg'n pissed! Of course, they got cameras of my plates coming and going, so no denying it. I absolutely HATE the bay area for multiple reasons, the toll bridges are the least of the issue but still significant.
klavy69 wrote:... when I give you s&#t its a loan...I want it back!