3D Sets Landy Build

For all things R/C, post '90s to today.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: 3D Sets Landy Build

Post by XLR8 »

Very cool indeed!
Every time I see a project like this, I marvel at the fact that what you see before you began as a digital file and spools of plastic thread and that it was created entirely at your home.
3D printing technology continues to amaze me.
Doug

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

When I got the tires under her, and played around with the suspension, I wasn't a huge fan of the 90mm shocks at compression or extension, so she got a 10mm lift with some el-cheapo Amazon shocks. Gives a little more aggressive look, and they bottom out right as the tires are about to rub. One nice thing on the kit is that it is designed to use 75-100mm shocks, and it comes with files for three different lengths of panhard bar drop mounts, so you can pick the right one for the height differences.
LANDY BUILD 13.jpg

I keep forgetting that I am supposed to be posting issues I encounter and how to deal with them or whatever, and I haven't been doing that.

I will say that if you have your support settings dialed in on your slicer / printer, and it is only going to print support when absolutely needed, I would just print with support on. There are a few pieces that I have encountered that they are just printing in open space without any support there. Maybe better setups can bridge gaps better than I can, but again, trust your slicer settings if you have them dialed in.

When you get to the point in the instructions that it is time to install the dash, don't do it! Well, don't do it unless you have tested out all your electronics and you don't feel you will have any reason to visit your Rx or ESC again. The Rx and ESC are under the seats, and easy to get to until the dash goes in ............ more precisely, the steering wheel goes in, which is screwed in from underneath the dash. With everything together, if you need to get to the Rx or ESC, you will need to remove four screws holding in the dash and windshield wipers, and then the couple of screws holding in the seats. And these are just fine screws threaded into plastic, so I try to limit the number of times they are installed and removed. IMO, just leave the dash out until you are 90%+ done with the whole rig and test driven it and all that good stuff.

Oh, and on the subject of electronics, there is no place for the battery to go outside of just sitting in the back. There is no compartment hidden under the body, or anything designed to hold a battery. I will need to work that out.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Great build thread , are we getting a running video ?
Kind of odd about the battery considering how well designed and drawn it is ?
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

All of this just for the top and rear door! :shock: Oh, and I need to cut the rear "glass" to fit also.

LANDY PARTS 13.jpg

I don't want to jinx it or anything, but I think I have actually finished the printing! :lol: For awhile there, I thought I would never get to that point.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I keep staring at the pile of half done buggy parts I have sitting on my shelf, I just cant seem to get back into it right now. Maybe a winter project.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website