10LSO Resto (Video added)

RC10/12/100/200/250/300/500/Dual Sport
General discussion, builds/restorations etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: 10LSO Resto

Post by RC10th »

Maybe the camera on the radio is a better idea so we can witness the expressions on your face when you crash, that would be far more exciting .

:lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: 10LSO Resto

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

I took it out for a trial this morning. The tires didn't grip as well as I'd hoped. It was only about 45 degrees Fahrenheit or so which didn't help any either. The stock Wimpy is a beast too which also didn't help, but it is sweet! It looks lie I didn't have it slipping, but I did. I thought I had it about right. I think as it came up to speed the down force on the front of the body caused it to drag as you can hear. I will address the issues and try again on a warmer day. It was fun though! :D

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: 10LSO Resto (Video added)

Post by XLR8 »

Very cool!
It can be really frustrating when the back end keeps snapping around.
Is it possible to hold the back of the car, spin the tires against the pavement and build a little heat in them?
If I'm not mistaken, the rubber compound for caps will soften as it warms and become more sticky.
Doug

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

XLR8 wrote: Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:20 pm Very cool!
It can be really frustrating when the back end keeps snapping around.
Is it possible to hold the back of the car, spin the tires against the pavement and build a little heat in them?
If I'm not mistaken, the rubber compound for caps will soften as it warms and become more sticky.
Yes, I think on a nice hot day it will work much better. I'm not exactly sure how functional the wing is on the body either. That battery and motor really had a ton of power too. That is great to know, but didn't help the car any. The microphone is right by the wheel on the radio too so it sounds like I'm letting it just snap back in place, but I swear I'm not! :lol:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

Just make some sugar water and put in garden sprayer then apply in generous amounts to the tennis courts. I'm sure they won't mind. One thing we used to do is run the diff very loose in parking lots which helps to keep the car from dancing around. We also soaked the tires in traction compound between runs. Too bad the area wasn't larger so the car could really rap out! :D

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

For a runner, the crc rubber tires are way awesome. We print a wheel to use tamiya f1 tires which also work pretty good.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Any info on those tires would be appreciated. We sprayed Mello Yello in the turns on the track I raced on in High School. It really worked well. When I started the video I had all kinds of cool plans for editing which is the reason I'm in it at the beginning so randomly. When I couldn't instantly figure out the app, I said screw it and just posted it the way it was. :? I just thought I'd throw that out there. So much for my Trademark opening... :lol:
Ken

TheDiamondOne
Approved Member

Post by TheDiamondOne »

If u could get it to hook, its a ripper for sure! Classic!
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

When it's warmer and I don't have to worry about filming it from my radio, I will be able to keep it straight. :lol:
Ken