got a new ride.....

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

scr8p
Administrator

got a new ride.....

Post by scr8p »

our '04 stratus was starting to nickle and dime us, and the trans was a few miles away from needing a rebuild. so, we figured it was time to unload it while it could still get to the dealership under it's own power. :lol:

so being as though it's more my wife's car than mine (they always get the new stuff, right? :roll: ), it was more her decision than mine. she was drawn to the avenger. so, that's what we got. this one is the avenger "heat". it's pretty sporty. 3.5 v6, supposedly 283 hp., 6 speed auto.
001.JPG

a01butal
Approved Member

Re: got a new ride.....

Post by a01butal »

Cool a sporty car :!: :mrgreen:

This is all very interesting!

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Nice! 8) I know trucks are all the rage, but I still love the way a car drives. Silver cars are my favorite and always looks classy, even though my current car is Factory Team Blue. :mrgreen:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I'm usually repulsed by anything with 4 doors but even with that its a nice looking car. 8)

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I always thought the later-model Avengers looked nice, but for a good while they never had a motor to do service to the aggressive name & look. That 3.5L V6 should give it some snort. I like the wheels too.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

Nice looking car. I can't imagine why you would need to replace a 2004 car. Why would the tranny go so soon? These days money is getting harder to find, you have to get the most value for your money!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

well, we didn't have to replace it. but at the same time, we really didn't want to sink a bunch of money into replacing/rebuilding the trans. not to mention my wife's "new car fever". i can't believe we had it as long as we did. :roll: :lol:

i don't know exactly what was wrong with the trans, but it was internal. not electrical/sensor related. probably burned the clutches up. had it not been for the fact that my wife drove it like she stole the f*#kin' thing pulling out from every stop sign and green light, it might have gone another 20,000 miles. she's not kind on brakes, either. :lol:

i told her she needs to chance her driving style, or the avenger will be gone as soon as the warranty runs out, too. but with a 5 yr, 100,000 mile powertrain warranty, we'll have it for awhile. :wink:

wyldbill
Approved Member

Post by wyldbill »

does the 6 speed tranny have the auto-stick feature like my hemi? i am assuming it does i know the jeeps do but they are rwd. if so she will have some fun with that, auto-stick is cool. only thing with the hemi is that when using auto-stick it defeats the 4-cyl mode so no saving fuel not even when downshifting, but turn off traction control and woo-hoo!

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

ya, it has the auto stick. i haven't messed around with it yet, though. i kinda doubt my wife has........ and for the car's sake, i hope she doesn't. :lol:

i've only driven it once since we got it, and it wasn't long ride. but there sure is alot of gizmos and gadjets to figure out and play around with. :)
Coelacanth wrote:I always thought the later-model Avengers looked nice, but for a good while they never had a motor to do service to the aggressive name & look. That 3.5L V6 should give it some snort. I like the wheels too.
i didn't really pay attention too much to them. when we came home from the dealership after test driving it the other night, i did some reading on it. apparently, the 2011 is alot better than what has been offered the last couple years. both in performance with the v6, and in the suspension. but, i've never driven a 2007-10 to compare.

it runs good though. :)

shodog
Approved Member

Post by shodog »

looks pretty cool. Things going better now?

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

shodog wrote:looks pretty cool. Things going better now?
well........ things aren't great. but, this new car is only costing us $60 more a month than the stratus was. so, we figured it wasn't gonna kill us financially. the $60 is worth the piece of mind of having a new, dependable car. especially being as though my wife is the one driving it.

now granted, a new car could let you sit on the side of the road just as easy as an old beater. but the chances of it happening are minimized.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

I'm not entirely sure what the auto stick is some of these new cars have. Am I close in thinking its a mode you can put the transmission in from full auto that makes it act like a manual valve body?

noony
Approved Member

Post by noony »

Nice,good looking car. Thanks for the lunch :lol: You should have given me a call i might have been able to save you a few dollars with a friends discount.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

so, i guess the dodge dealer we go to is really hurting to move stock, or really wanted to have some clean, low mileage, used vehicles. last week, the salesman that sold us our avenger calls and says we should come in a talk about maybe trading our car in on a new model. he says with rebates and incentives, blah blah blah, we could get pretty much the exact same car, just a model year newer, and nothing payment wise would change. so, the wife and i go over to the dealership discuss it. long story short, we got a 2012 avenger yesterday. it's pretty much the same car, obvious difference would be the color and the wheels. but this one has the remote start, heated seats, auto darkening rear view mirror, power sunroof, and a couple other small differences (extras).
2012 avenger.JPG

a01butal
Approved Member

Post by a01butal »

The difference not in the payment amount but in the number of payments?

This is all very interesting!