Hello from Vancouver BC

Forum rules, site questions/comments, new member introductions.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

SOS
Approved Member

Hello from Vancouver BC

Post by SOS »

Hello everyone! I just bought an old early RC10 (still in transit to me) and just wanted to say hi. I raced touring cars and 1/12 scale many years ago and now I'm getting back into it thanks to my 5 year old nephew and the Redcat monster truck I got him for Christmas. The RC10 will be a basher along side his truck.

My, how technology has changed. I can't figure out any of today's electronics at all lol. I guess that's why I'm here.

The other thing I noticed is that stock rear tires seem to be completely non-existent for the old RC10 now. I've searched high and low. Anybody have any idea where to get them?? I know I can get 2.2" wheels but I want the original 1.7" tires.

Thanks everyone and talk to you soon!

Mason
Then: Clod Buster, Yokomo YZ10, Cobra 1/12, Kawada SV10
Now: Gold pan RC10, RC28, SC28, MT28, RC28T

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Hello from Vancouver BC

Post by Coelacanth »

Welcome from across the mountains in Alberta, Mason! You'll get good RC10 advice here from some of the guys. My only Associated car is an RC12L3, but maybe someday... :lol:
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

Hello Mason. Welcome to the forum.

A bit of advice... Start you a new topic with your question about RC10 tires. It'll start off getting your post count going. :wink:
Bum on Direct Deposit

SOS
Approved Member

Post by SOS »

NomadRacer wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:11 am
A bit of advice... Start you a new topic with your question about RC10 tires. It'll start off getting your post count going. :wink:
I have a feeling I'll be ridiculed to no end for mentioning the word "tire" haha. The ironic thing is that this website literally does not allow you to search for any word including "tires" "original" "1.7" or anything related. Google also comes up with nothing. Tried normal searches and "site:rc10talk.com" but no info.

So are original 1.7" rear tires simply a taboo subject? Never to be spoken of, or searched for again?

Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to search, search terms etc? Sorry I'm new here! :)

NomadRacer
Approved Member

Post by NomadRacer »

SOS wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:35 am
NomadRacer wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 8:11 am
I have a feeling I'll be ridiculed to no end for mentioning the word "tire" haha. The ironic thing is that this website literally does not allow you to search for any word including "tires" "original" "1.7" or anything related. Google also comes up with nothing. Tried normal searches and "site:rc10talk.com" but no info.

So are original 1.7" rear tires simply a taboo subject? Never to be spoken of, or searched for again?

Or does anyone have a suggestion on how to search, search terms etc? Sorry I'm new here! :)
Oh no, 1.7 tires are not taboo here, lot's of guys are into original RC10 Classic's!

Front Tires: Associated #6865
Rear Tires: Associated #6815

I've never understood the search function myself!
Bum on Direct Deposit

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

jelly bean or champion tires also works for a search. the search deletes common words or two letter words. its not easy sometimes.

SOS
Approved Member

Post by SOS »

Great. Thanks guys! Sadly I can't find those rear tires anywhere even with the new search terms. Seems they're NLA and long sold out everywhere. Part of the deal when you decide to take on a 30 year old project car I suppose!

My car has arrived and is waiting for me to pick it up. I'll post pics once I get it home!

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

there are quite a few different tires that can fit on the jelly bean wheels.

keep your eye on ebay as they often show up on a weekly basis.

such as these(NOS):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parma-12022-Holiday-Buggy-Rear-Spiked-Tires-Tamiya-Associated-RC10-Vintage-RC/273370682797?epid=669374185&hash=item3fa62995ad:g:fLQAAOSwOvRbVoYE:rk:57:pf:0

these also fit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Rear-Tire-For-Hornet-Frog-Fighting-Buggy-Champ-RC-Cars-Buggy-19805034/382364158814?hash=item5906ae0b5e:g:3LEAAOSwVLRabu93:rk:9:pf:0

you an often get decent tires on wheels as long as you are OK with lightly used in some cases.

you have missed the window where lots of re-release parts were available.

SOS
Approved Member

Post by SOS »

Outstanding!! Thanks for the info. Yeah it looks like I missed the re re boat by about 5 years.

jwscab wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 2:37 pm there are quite a few different tires that can fit on the jelly bean wheels.

keep your eye on ebay as they often show up on a weekly basis.

such as these(NOS):
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Parma-12022-Holiday-Buggy-Rear-Spiked-Tires-Tamiya-Associated-RC10-Vintage-RC/273370682797?epid=669374185&hash=item3fa62995ad:g:fLQAAOSwOvRbVoYE:rk:57:pf:0

these also fit:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Tamiya-Rear-Tire-For-Hornet-Frog-Fighting-Buggy-Champ-RC-Cars-Buggy-19805034/382364158814?hash=item5906ae0b5e:g:3LEAAOSwVLRabu93:rk:9:pf:0

you an often get decent tires on wheels as long as you are OK with lightly used in some cases.

you have missed the window where lots of re-release parts were available.