#6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Everything pertaining to the RC10 buggy re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Bottom Feeder
Approved Member

Re: #6002 - RC10 Worlds Car Kit

Post by Bottom Feeder »

mtbkym01 wrote:I've just recently built my B5 and it was excellent with awesome tolerances and quality, this car is very similar money to buy though, so there is no excuse for the poor quality.
Exactly this ^. The Worlds Car reissue/recreation/whatever is still a Team Associated product so the expectation of high quality is not being unrealistic. Just because it's a 20-30 year old design doesn't automatically give it a pass, especially since the parts that people are complaining about are the modern changes and updates!

I can see Associated updating the entire topshaft and slipper assembly with modern parts to keep those assemblies more or less the same across all of their kits (and obviously for performance reasons also), but why the disparity in quality of the shafts? Are any other models getting these 'bad' topshafts with their inaccurate flat machining and rough gear teeth or is it just the new Worlds? And if so, why?

I'm also still confused why the Stealth case needed a redesign and what benefit it gives other than allowing the use of the newer idler gears. There's more webbing, sure, but was that ever a problem with the original? All the talk of parts shrinkage and gear mesh issues makes it sound like it wasn't worth it, especially knowing how expensive it is to re-tool molds. Associated and especially RPM like to remind of us that. :P

I don't want to make it sound like I'm mad or anything about this, I'm just throwing out my thoughts, observations and opinions. :mrgreen:

rccars4sal
Approved Member

Post by rccars4sal »

I think these quality issues are a real black eye for TA. True, there is really no excuse for the shoddy QC. Doubt it will faze anybody in corporate office though. Its a numbers game. Sell a thousand, send out a few replacement parts,, still a profitable outcome no matter if the customer feels a bit let down. It really is the foreign marketing and manufacturing ethic rearing its head.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Remember these cars were probably rushed to meet or exceed the production deadline. They could have found and sorted the issues with these kits at the cost of delayed production. If it were like the classic where the release date kept getting pushed back we would be complaining about that instead.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

cyberded
Approved Member

Post by cyberded »

Hi guy's... I have been reading this post since it started and even thought I'm on par with all your concern with quality ... I will take this world car over no world car at all ...but dont take me wrong I still think that the quality control is not good over in china ... he,welcome to 2014...world economy and stuff...

Patiofurnituregt
Approved Member

Post by Patiofurnituregt »

Bottom Feeder wrote:
mtbkym01 wrote:I've just recently built my B5 and it was excellent with awesome tolerances and quality, this car is very similar money to buy though, so there is no excuse for the poor quality.
Exactly this ^. The Worlds Car reissue/recreation/whatever is still a Team Associated product so the expectation of high quality is not being unrealistic. Just because it's a 20-30 year old design doesn't automatically give it a pass, especially since the parts that people are complaining about are the modern changes and updates!

I can see Associated updating the entire topshaft and slipper assembly with modern parts to keep those assemblies more or less the same across all of their kits (and obviously for performance reasons also), but why the disparity in quality of the shafts? Are any other models getting these 'bad' topshafts with their inaccurate flat machining and rough gear teeth or is it just the new Worlds? And if so, why?

I'm also still confused why the Stealth case needed a redesign and what benefit it gives other than allowing the use of the newer idler gears. There's more webbing, sure, but was that ever a problem with the original? All the talk of parts shrinkage and gear mesh issues makes it sound like it wasn't worth it, especially knowing how expensive it is to re-tool molds. Associated and especially RPM like to remind of us that. :P

I don't want to make it sound like I'm mad or anything about this, I'm just throwing out my thoughts, observations and opinions. :mrgreen:
The original stealth gear box had significant shrink issues that caused noticeable warping. I guarantee you that if you set a new stealth transmission case half on a table and compared it to an original it is flatter, that is largely due to the ribbing and pocketing found in the part to have more uniform cross-sections which improves the shrink. The transmission now shares everything with a B4 transmission except the outdrives, idler and diff gear.

Now the reported topshafts is just a fluke, it could have very well happened to a B4 kit and it is unfortunate that those that got out were not caught. As for the 'rough' topshaft, I have yet to see any photos, could someone post or PM me the photos? I have yet to see any that were rough or damaged in any way, so this would be good to know so that i can report back!
Tim Tunnermann
Team Associated Design Engineer
Team Associated | |Reedy | XP Digital | JConcepts | Futaba | Makita | Kicker | LiveRC

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

Here's how mines sitting at present, just awaiting a new CVD cup, and some paint on the body
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Will we be seeing this turn laps at MP?
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

so........ how are we doing on those white wide track arms?

:mrgreen:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

scr8p wrote:so........ how are we doing on those white wide track arms?

You didn't get yours yet?!
:lol: I wish :|
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

My Team Car has white widetrack arms!
8)
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

gomachv wrote:
scr8p wrote:so........ how are we doing on those white wide track arms?

You didn't get yours yet?!
surprisingly not..... :?

:wink:

mikea96

Post by mikea96 »

Has anyone heard if they are going to make the white wide track arms?

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Scr8p is the only one left holding out hope :wink:

Nothing official one way or the other....but realistically...there really isn't a reason to make them (apart from making all of us happy!)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

gomachv wrote:Scr8p is the only one left holding out hope :wink:

Nothing official one way or the other....but realistically...there really isn't a reason to make them (apart from making all of us happy!)
Are the black ones still made, or is it just a super stocked thing.........

RC10resto

Post by RC10resto »

gomachv wrote: (apart from making all of us happy!)
Speak for yourself Jeff :P