The Official "What is it?" Thread

Need something identified? This is the place.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

XLR8
Approved Member

Re: The Official "What is it?" Thread

Post by XLR8 »

I pulled this motor from an old derelict bought from an ebay member earlier this year. I've never seen one of these before so I'm curious if this motor is in any way historically significant. Is this the same Lightspeed company that made heat sinks? I’m not asking for a value I just want to know if I can use it for parts or should I keep it together.
The sticker says “14 turn quad modified motor” and the number “49” is engraved on one of the brush plates so I guess perhaps it was a handout motor.
Litespeed motor composite photo.jpg
Edit: Sorry but I just realized that only stock motors were "handout" motors. :oops: Not sure what "49" meant but I'm sure it had nothing to do with it being a handout.
Doug

ChisaiKuso
Approved Member

Post by ChisaiKuso »

XLR8 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:41 pm I pulled this motor from an old derelict bought from an ebay member earlier this year. I've never seen one of these before so I'm curious if this motor is in any way historically significant. Is this the same Lightspeed company that made heat sinks? I’m not asking for a value I just want to know if I can use it for parts or should I keep it together.
The sticker says “14 turn quad modified motor” and the number “49” is engraved on one of the brush plates so I guess perhaps it was a handout motor.
LITESPEED (note the spelling) made the LITESINK heat sinks that you are referring to.

I would suggest keeping the motor together.
Something clever goes here...

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

ChisaiKuso wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:13 pm
XLR8 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:41 pm I pulled this motor from an old derelict bought from an ebay member earlier this year. I've never seen one of these before so I'm curious if this motor is in any way historically significant. Is this the same Lightspeed company that made heat sinks? I’m not asking for a value I just want to know if I can use it for parts or should I keep it together.
LITESPEED (note the spelling) made the LITESINK heat sinks that you are referring to.

I would suggest keeping the motor together.
Oh! :oops: You're right, it is a different spelling.
Okay, I will keep it together. thanks..
Doug

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Anyone recognize this chassis? It's an RC12L of some sort, but I can't figure out if it's a different version, aftermarket or what. I'm about to start another 12L build and I'd like to know what I'm starting with here.
Attachments
DSC04427.JPG

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I can’t say for sure, but I think DA Graphite were the ones that did the cell cutouts that way
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 4:54 pm I can’t say for sure, but I think DA Graphite were the ones that did the cell cutouts that way
Five minutes..... getting slow in your old age, mate :P
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

I don't recall that brand. Can't seem to really find anything on them online either.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

From their website, you can see the cutouts on the chassis on the left. I don’t know of any other company that did this
Attachments
7030876B-C252-40A4-B630-228883FFBEF6.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

Basher67
Approved Member

Post by Basher67 »

Just found their website. Thanks Jeff, as always, you da man! 8)

Brocklee
Approved Member

Post by Brocklee »

Anyone know what this is? I just picked up a lot for a steal and this was in it. It’s got an ofna engine (.15?) and that’s about all I know about it. Trying to decide if I should put it up for sale or not. Thanks!

Body

Chassis

Cars: kyosho raider, rc10 ce, kyosho ultima pro xl, lazer zx, inferno mp s, losi xxt, xx4we, rc10t3, kyosho zx5 sp, rb6, zx6, rb7ss, zx7, mp10e, crc xl, rc18r, tamiya trf 801xt.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

we sold those back in the day, it was branded Ofna but I am not sure which fork- Hong Nor or Ho Bao. They weren't named per se, it was just an Ofna DTM which is an impossible Google search. Ours had the two speed but otherwise looked identical.
Factory Works website

Brocklee
Approved Member

Post by Brocklee »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:42 pm we sold those back in the day, it was branded Ofna but I am not sure which fork- Hong Nor or Ho Bao. They weren't named per se, it was just an Ofna DTM which is an impossible Google search. Ours had the two speed but otherwise looked identical.
Awesome, thanks! I took a look at the bumper and it looks like it may have been rebadged. I tried searching prafa modellsport potenza but didn’t get anything in English.

Cars: kyosho raider, rc10 ce, kyosho ultima pro xl, lazer zx, inferno mp s, losi xxt, xx4we, rc10t3, kyosho zx5 sp, rb6, zx6, rb7ss, zx7, mp10e, crc xl, rc18r, tamiya trf 801xt.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

GoMachV wrote: Thu Aug 09, 2018 4:42 pm we sold those back in the day, it was branded Ofna but I am not sure which fork- Hong Nor or Ho Bao. They weren't named per se, it was just an Ofna DTM which is an impossible Google search. Ours had the two speed but otherwise looked identical.
Yep, sold around the world as many different brands, in the US apparently as OFNA or Megatech... in Australia, sold as Great Vigor (GV). Available as both 2wd and 4wd, on or offroad, buggy, truck, touring, rally car. If it's the one I think it is, it was also available as a 6-wheeler.....

Not a great chassis, but looks like you have the wheels and body, which makes the value double ;)

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Found these in a lot with some old dirt oval car parts but I haven't been able to ID them. Anyone recognize them?
Attachments
ukdfgrs.jpg

DennisM
Approved Member

Post by DennisM »

Phin -
It´s most likely the internals for a Kyosho RB/RT 5/6 geared diff.
Gone fishing