Re: Losi Mini JRX2 coming soon

Post by TheDiamondOne »

I ordered a blue one.
David, The artist formerly known as coxbros

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

As far as the wing & tubes go.. The wing is mounted to the body with the plastic bracket for easy removal, but there are wing tubes in the rear bulkhead for the right look. I assume it would be possible to make a a new wing wire and mount it traditionally too.
-Brad

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

Error..mod please delete..
-Brad

BattleTrak
Approved Member

Post by BattleTrak »

mytimac wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:38 am Ok,
So I shot video for youtube on this already but I think I am not going to publish because I think it might offend the people behind this launch. Probably should have shot with a different tone.

I think it is cool, I ordered a Jrx-Pro version for myself already.

There are some things I like, but some things I thing I don't like that may have been done on purpose or maybe by mistake.

So let me call out the things I don't like here. Some are just minor but others are I think kind of stupid choices.
  • The Jrx2 body doesn't say Team Losi on any spot of the body like original. What the heck, didn't put the brand name any place on it? The Pro doesn't have Natural sticker on wing but for same reason the Junior 2 design does.
  • The transmission is gear diff not ball diff, they are sintered metal though it looks like.
  • The motor mount only allows a few gear settings has pre-drilled holes, no slots for motor adjustment.
  • Kept the bad steering arm design that is not symmetrical. That one really is dumb and is something that makes no sense to copy.
  • The rear shock cup design needed better design for the shock shaft. The original failed all the time and see no reason why this copy won't as well. No replacements parts sold alone right now, only as complete shock set. Not even a separate part number in the explode. So you get to spend $20 to replace shock cups.
  • Not true to original but should have a bumper.
I think you are being waaay to critical about this car… It’s a 1/16th scale tribute to the JRX2. RTR to appeal to a wide group of enthusiasts.. Who cares about the bell crank design, which is correct to the car…did you notice they have ball bearings? Body and decals are subjective..

I wish they had gone a step further and done an accurate LRM trans! But most of the internals are Mini T/B 2.0 and I expect MIP to have a ball diff for this very soon.. but the trans case is beautiful! All ready for the JRXT rear body mount..
-Brad

mytimac
Business Member

Post by mytimac »

BattleTrak wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 10:44 am
mytimac wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 12:38 am Ok,
So I shot video for youtube on this already but I think I am not going to publish because I think it might offend the people behind this launch. Probably should have shot with a different tone.

I think it is cool, I ordered a Jrx-Pro version for myself already.

There are some things I like, but some things I thing I don't like that may have been done on purpose or maybe by mistake.

So let me call out the things I don't like here. Some are just minor but others are I think kind of stupid choices.
  • The Jrx2 body doesn't say Team Losi on any spot of the body like original. What the heck, didn't put the brand name any place on it? The Pro doesn't have Natural sticker on wing but for same reason the Junior 2 design does.
  • The transmission is gear diff not ball diff, they are sintered metal though it looks like.
  • The motor mount only allows a few gear settings has pre-drilled holes, no slots for motor adjustment.
  • Kept the bad steering arm design that is not symmetrical. That one really is dumb and is something that makes no sense to copy.
  • The rear shock cup design needed better design for the shock shaft. The original failed all the time and see no reason why this copy won't as well. No replacements parts sold alone right now, only as complete shock set. Not even a separate part number in the explode. So you get to spend $20 to replace shock cups.
  • Not true to original but should have a bumper.
I think you are being waaay to critical about this car… It’s a 1/16th scale tribute to the JRX2. RTR to appeal to a wide group of enthusiasts.. Who cares about the bell crank design, which is correct to the car…did you notice they have ball bearings? Body and decals are subjective..

I wish they had gone a step further and done an accurate LRM trans! But most of the internals are Mini T/B 2.0 and I expect MIP to have a ball diff for this very soon.. but the trans case is beautiful! All ready for the JRXT rear body mount..
Care about the bell crank design because it is flawed design with one side being longer so steering is not the same in one direction to the other. This is why after market kits existed back in the day. In doing something like this there is so many areas you can stay true to design or make better. So I can see the struggle they had but I would have made this better and not like original.

Ball bearing, not original if you want to get critical. In fact the rigid arm design is the later design. Should be the built in servo saver one if stay true to original. Then they could have made cheaper then and not had the servo saver on the servo. :lol:

The Mini T/B 2.0 are RTR and they have more adjustable motor mount, seems so odd that they just did drilled holes on this one.

They added slipper, not original, but a very good idea. They beefed up the rear suspension cups a little bit by increasing the offset for the rear wheels it looks like to give clearance for more plastic. They needed to at least make them a little bit stronger so that was a good change.
http://oldrc.com - Find parts for older Losi, Associated, Tamiya and others.
http://vintagelosi.com - Manuals and information on older Team Losi models

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

I haven't worked in CAD since long long ago in high school and it is nothing like we had then. I would think with modern computers and software would be an easy scale up here to 1/10? The hard work is done. One can dream, but this is awesome!

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

just ordered one in each color!!!!!!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

RCveteran wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:24 pm I haven't worked in CAD since long long ago in high school and it is nothing like we had then. I would think with modern computers and software would be an easy scale up here to 1/10? The hard work is done. One can dream, but this is awesome!
I’d be willing to bet they modeled it in 1/10 first and shrunk it from there. Easier to copy an existing part than to do the math
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

hugger19 wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:47 pm just ordered one in each color!!!!!!
You must be rich!
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

hugger19
Approved Member

Post by hugger19 »

nah paypal credit no interest for 6mo LOL!

clm
Approved Member

Post by clm »

D@mn you Losi! Twist my arm, twist it harder, it hurts so bad.. -ordered-

It has been a long time since I have been here, have been mostly in the crawler game as well as the 3d printer kick lately but I can't not get one of these.. or 9. The only issue I have is do I buy parts and build it or buy RTR? And if it's RTR only the red one will do as those bodies are too short for the other colors ;)
Losi - Jrx2, Pro, Jr2, Pro SE, JrxT, JrT, LXT, NXT, XXKE, XXTG+
Mini - T, LST, LST2, Crawler
Micro - Trekker, SCT, T
Crawlers - Trx4 Defender, Bootleg Bruiser Shelf Queen
-Bashers under contruction- Jrx2

RCveteran
Approved Member

Post by RCveteran »

GoMachV wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 7:54 pm
RCveteran wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 6:24 pm I haven't worked in CAD since long long ago in high school and it is nothing like we had then. I would think with modern computers and software would be an easy scale up here to 1/10? The hard work is done. One can dream, but this is awesome!
I’d be willing to bet they modeled it in 1/10 first and shrunk it from there. Easier to copy an existing part than to do the math
Even better. The whole we want to protect the collectors made a nice sound bite but call me skeptical. Horizon is too big to care and I just find it hard to believe. I think they took a safer route to test the market so a good business call. And honestly we have seen plenty of examples, rere's will not hurt original values. JRX2's have never commanded all that much anyways and if one's financial future is tied to their value, well.....bring on the 1/10 rere!

dldiaz
Approved Member

Post by dldiaz »

mytimac wrote: Fri May 27, 2022 11:43 am
Ball bearing, not original if you want to get critical. In fact the rigid arm design is the later design. Should be the built in servo saver one if stay true to original. Then they could have made cheaper then and not had the servo saver on the servo. :lol:
There were JRX-2 bellcranks with built-in servo saver? I don't recall that?
- Does anyone have a picture of those bellcranks?
-dldiaz

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Not a true servo saver, just a flexy arm. They did these for bearings as well. Then rigid, and rigid with bearings.
Attachments
64A7180C-3CA5-4B7B-86C0-E838F2B8B9DF.jpeg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

dldiaz
Approved Member

Post by dldiaz »

GoMachV wrote: Sat May 28, 2022 7:04 pm Not a true servo saver, just a flexy arm. They did these for bearings as well. Then rigid, and rigid with bearings.
Ahh okay - that is the setup I am familiar with.
- I understand the "flexy" part... :)
-dldiaz