**Contest Questions/Comments**

----------------------------------------------

May Build of the Month Winner - morrisey0

Moderator: scr8p

scr8p
Administrator

Re: **Contest Questions/Comments**

Post by scr8p »

DMAT wrote:Just a thought for future contests. Instead of waiting to see if we get enough entrants, why not poll ahead for different types of contests. just post a contest type and see how many people commit to enter, once the next month rolls around, one of the contests with the needed amount of people gets posted and people can finally submit their entries.

That way you avoid people shying away from contests when you get some awesome car like that Fibre Lyte car or the Shelby DS put in.

like there could be ones where its Graphite/CF contest. No black or gold tub contest. Metal car contest. 10T contest, DS contest. Re-Re contest.
there's still 6 spots open for this month, how about entering one of yours? :wink:

something we could try would be to have guys make a placeholder in the contest thread after i create it. but, not show pics of their entry. once we get the 10 contestants, they will then edit their posts with the pics of their submissions. this way no one will know what their competition is until they are locked in. but to be honest, i don't know if that would be any better.
romulus22 wrote:I like the idea of "categories". I think the majority of the members on this site are buggy people. Wether these "buggy" people only vote for buggies I doubt. But three buggies in a row have won, conspiracy 8)

Edit: 4 in a row, forgot how many we've done already.
i definitely agree that this board leans more toward the buggies. always has. so in fairness, i could see us doing a truck month, on road month, etc. at some point.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

The problem with categories I see, is the struggle to come up with ten entries already without already limiting what can be entered in said month.

Edit: I like the placeholder idea too. But also agree that might not work as people can expect certain stuff from certain members.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

How about an all purple showdown! :mrgreen:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Would this count? :mrgreen:

Jeff

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

I know that wasn't a RC10 but in all seriousness, maybe limit the number of entries to 5. It would be more competitive with the smaller group of entries. I think the last poll was the closest since you started doing these.
Jeff

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

gomachv wrote:How about an all purple showdown! :mrgreen:
I'd have a go at that, if you release the "Associated Only" limitation.... even though everyone would just vote for you anyway, Mr Purple-nurple....

:shock:

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

Incredible_Serious wrote:
gomachv wrote:How about an all purple showdown! :mrgreen:
I'd have a go at that, if you release the "Associated Only" limitation.... even though everyone would just vote for you anyway, Mr Purple-nurple....

:shock:

Alex
I second that. I'm pretty sure I can find some more purple parts for the SS... :mrgreen:
Jeff

Phin
Approved Member

Re: **RC10Talk.com Build of the Year**

Post by Phin »

scr8p wrote:So I had an idea this morning..... and I like it. :mrgreen:

Here's what is going to happen. We will hold the contests every month. The winners from January through November will face off in December and a poll will be done to decide the "Build of the Year".

Could also run regular contests only from January to October and then for November take the 10 second place or highest score "losers" from those months and have them face off against each other too. It would give the runners up another chance to win and also let the December Build of the Year contest have the same 10 entries that every other month has.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: **RC10Talk.com Build of the Year**

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Phin wrote:
scr8p wrote:So I had an idea this morning..... and I like it. :mrgreen:

Here's what is going to happen. We will hold the contests every month. The winners from January through November will face off in December and a poll will be done to decide the "Build of the Year".

Could also run regular contests only from January to October and then for November take the 10 second place or highest score "losers" from those months and have them face off against each other too. It would give the runners up another chance to win and also let the December Build of the Year contest have the same 10 entries that every other month has.
Hold the phone Batman! Are you saying that my RC10GT that received only one vote is Build Of The Year!?? I knew you guys were saving the best for last! I'm humbled in the presence of such high honor. Thank you to all those that made this moment possible. I will work extra hard in the future to maintain the high level of expectancy that has been bestowed upon me. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I think it's a good idea to switch it up every few months, as others have said, like having the Truck Month. I would also suggest a DS Month, showcasing the onroad RC10 builds, and also a Pan Car Month, for all the 10th and 12th scale pan cars. With the latter, I'd be able to throw a hat in the ring. :D
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Zipster
Approved Member

Post by Zipster »

How about an "Unfinished Project" month - There would be no shortage of those around here to enter! (heck, every car I own qualifies!)

DaveM
Approved Member

Post by DaveM »

Hi Guys,

I really like Coelacanth's idea to mix things up, please don't forget Oval cars as well.

Dave. :)

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

This is just a comment, and shows my ADD / impatientness. But now that the monthly contest has been around a few months. Think we can get the voting started a few days quicker? By now people should know that a new month means there is a new poll about to start. If they want to enter they should be able to find the time within a few days. I feel like the last few entries recently are just to speed up the process anyway.

Just a thought, Todd

SFC K
Approved Member

Post by SFC K »

SFC K wrote:I know that wasn't a RC10 but in all seriousness, maybe limit the number of entries to 5. It would be more competitive with the smaller group of entries. I think the last poll was the closest since you started doing these.
I think this would speed up the process and make for some close battles. 10 entries is a bit high and does not leave enough room to go around for future months.
Jeff

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

Coelacanth wrote:I think it's a good idea to switch it up every few months, as others have said, like having the Truck Month. I would also suggest a DS Month, showcasing the onroad RC10 builds, and also a Pan Car Month, for all the 10th and 12th scale pan cars. With the latter, I'd be able to throw a hat in the ring. :D
That's already planned to happen throughout the year.
romulus22 wrote:This is just a comment, and shows my ADD / impatientness. But now that the monthly contest has been around a few months. Think we can get the voting started a few days quicker? By now people should know that a new month means there is a new poll about to start. If they want to enter they should be able to find the time within a few days. I feel like the last few entries recently are just to speed up the process anyway.
Not everyone logs in here every day. 7 days gives more than enough time for people to enter. Starting the polling sooner is just going to drag out the voting longer and it's going to result in more votes being cast. Going by past contests, there really isn't a mad rush of late votes being submitted.
SFC K wrote:
SFC K wrote:I know that wasn't a RC10 but in all seriousness, maybe limit the number of entries to 5. It would be more competitive with the smaller group of entries. I think the last poll was the closest since you started doing these.
I think this would speed up the process and make for some close battles. 10 entries is a bit high and does not leave enough room to go around for future months.
The thing is, with the amount of AE cars/trucks that have been built on this site over the years, there should be NO shortage of entries every month. But it's like pulling teeth around here to get guys to submit stuff and I really don't understand why.

I think eventually, if it continues to be like this every month, it will get dropped down to 5. Another thing that may happen (if it stays at 10) is allow 2 votes per person, which should help with the blowout like we had this past contest.