LHS Score!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

LHS Score!

Post by LTO_Dave »

I went to my local hobby shop today to pick up some paint for my crawler body and to see if they might have any old AE parts. After looking around, I see a big cardboard box filled with bodies and marked 20% off. To my surprise, sitting right on top was a NIP A&L Roadkill. And buried at the bottom was a NIP McAllister Nissan GTP. :D

After asking the guy if he had any old AE parts, he dug out a small box from the back and let me rummage through it. These were the only old parts they had, so I got them for about 50% off.

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Re: LHS Score!

Post by LTO_Dave »

I visted my LHS again today after finding a few cool items last week, and found a few more parts including a Parma 75MHz flexible antenna for Futaba, Cheetah Racing decals and 8/32 nylon lock nuts:

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

Picked up this painted Andy's 1/10 TOJ and another NIP A&L Roadkill body from my LHS 20% bin yesterday. I paid under $30 with tax for the TOJ. :mrgreen:

When I visited last year, they told me the ones in the 20% off bin were the only old bodies they had left. I guess they found more. :wink:

RedScampi
Approved Member

Post by RedScampi »

Man, you keep getting lucky in that place! Nice pile o stuff!
I have one of those antennas and wondered what it was, thanks!
Gary

GJW
Approved Member

Post by GJW »

what is he bringing in old stuff from home for you is he? or has it always been there? great gear well done :D

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

Seeing the Andy's, McAllister and A&L header cards all in one post makes me think we should start a cool header card thread. Each one was probably designed by the owner himself. :D

EDIT: The Cheetah, Parma and AE are cool too. :wink:
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

adam lancia
Approved Member

Post by adam lancia »

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB wrote:Seeing the Andy's, McAllister and A&L header cards all in one post makes me think we should start a cool header card thread. Each one was probably designed by the owner himself. :D

EDIT: The Cheetah, Parma and AE are cool too. :wink:
That's a great idea! Time to start digging through the pile :)

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

I took another trip today to get a GM 27T motor that my LHS had listed online. After looking for about 30 minutes, the said he must have sold it already. :x

But he said that he had a tray of motors in the back that he would let me look through. After seeing a nice selection of old motors, I picked up a Trinity Speedworks Super Speedway (Now with 23 turns! :mrgreen:) and a Trinity P2K Paradox 2000 27T...each for $20. And I picked up a few old Losi parts for my JR-X2 build:

LTO_Dave
Approved Member

Post by LTO_Dave »

I recently picked up a NIP Trinity Monster Horsepower motor, PROTOform '96 T-Bird HS light weight body and a can of this:

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Nice score(s) LTO. I still remember the smell of that motor cleaner :lol:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I'll bet it smells suspiciously like the stuff you spray into your carburetor to help it start on a cold day...but probably cost 3 times the price. ;)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

I think he is bringing in his stash and waiting for you to come in to buy the stuff...Nice score...
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Post by knucklebuster »

Coelacanth wrote:I'll bet it smells suspiciously like the stuff you spray into your carburetor to help it start on a cold day...but probably cost 3 times the price. ;)
Negative... I use carb cleaner regularly. I wish I could still find B12 Chemtool in an aerosol can :? I don't recall that the motor cleaner removed paint or motor decals either.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

The good stuff contained trichloroethane. I sure wish I wore gloves back then :roll:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

esaresky75
Approved Member

Post by esaresky75 »

gomachv wrote:The good stuff contained trichloroethane. I sure wish I wore gloves back then :roll:
In 1993-94, I worked in a factory making correction fluid products. We had 30-40 55 gallon drums at all times. i used to wash my hands in 5 gallon pail of the stuff. :shock: I know better now. :lol:

How can 1,1,1-trichloroethane affect my health?
Scientists use many tests to protect the public from harmful effects of toxic chemicals and to find ways for treating people who have been harmed.

One way to learn whether a chemical will harm people is to determine how the body absorbs, uses, and releases the chemical. For some chemicals, animal testing may be necessary. Animal testing may also help identify health effects such as cancer or birth defects. Without laboratory animals, scientists would lose a basic method for getting information needed to make wise decisions that protect public health. Scientists have the responsibility to treat research animals with care and compassion. Scientists must comply with strict animal-care guidelines because laws today protect the welfare of research animals.

If you breathe air containing high levels of 1,1,1-trichloroethane (1,000 ppm or higher) for a short time, you may become dizzy and lightheaded and possibly lose your coordination. These effects rapidly disappear after you stop breathing contaminated air. If you breathe in much higher levels of 1,1,1-trichloroethane, either intentionally or accidentally, you may become unconscious, your blood pressure may decrease, and your heart may stop beating. Whether breathing low levels of 1,1,1-trichloroethane for a long time causes harmful effects is not known. Studies in animals show that breathing air that contains very high levels of 1,1,1-trichloroethane (higher than 2,000 ppm) damages the breathing passages and causes mild effects in the liver, in addition to affecting the nervous system. There are no studies in humans that determine whether eating food or drinking water contaminated with 1,1,1-trichloroethane could harm health. Placing large amounts of 1,1,1-trichloroethane in the stomachs of animals has caused effects on the nervous system, mild liver damage, unconsciousness, and even death. If your skin contacts 1,1,1-trichloroethane, you might feel some irritation. Studies in animals suggest that repeated exposure of the skin might affect the liver and that very large amounts on the skin can cause death. These effects occurred only when evaporation was prevented.

Available information does not indicate that 1,1,1-trichloroethane causes cancer. The International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC) has determined that 1,1,1-trichloroethane is not classifiable as to its carcinogenicity in humans. EPA has also determined that 1,1,1-trichloroethane is not classifiable as to its human carcinogenicity. The likelihood is very low that exposure to 1,1,1-trichloroethane levels found near hazardous waste sites would cause significant health effects.
Burn more coal - UnderGroundMiners.com