OK - This RC10 restoration addiction is starting to suck!

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Mattesch

OK - This RC10 restoration addiction is starting to suck!

Post by Mattesch »

A few months back (fueled by the RC10 Re-re), my quest for a vintage RC10 began... I bought a Cadillac fixer upper (car #1). Then, as I got more into it, I realized I that i needed a better source car for my restoration. So, I ended up with a nice late Edinger (Car #2 - pics posted a couple weeks back). A few weeks later, I picked up a new in box Stealth CE Black via Craigslist (car #3) - for absolutely no reason. Now, today, I picked up a World's on Ebay to serve as my next project (car #4).

This is ridiculous. I am embarrassed now and need help! Ha ha ha...

Oh yeah... My entrance back into RC started a few months ago when I picked up a B4.1 for my boy (car #5). And, of course I needed a car to bash around with him... So picked up a used T4.1 (car #6). Not good :-)

knucklebuster
Approved Member

Re: OK - This RC10 restoration addiction is starting to suck

Post by knucklebuster »

He who has the most toys wins!

Your collection pales in comparison to many folks on this site. You don't have a problem.

I have about 15 Associated cars. Sometimes I play with my cars first thing in the morning. Sometimes I play hooky from work and play with my cars. Sometimes I play with my cars all by myself. I may have a problem.

Mattesch

Post by Mattesch »

I am sure that my "collection" isn't even close to many of the guys on this forum, but for me, it's getting out of control :-). i don't have a large house so storage is at a premium... so, I do try to sell some of my old things before buying new. In that spirit, I got rid of my childhood RC10, and my late "childhood" TC3 FTE.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

I have 3 overhauls, a ton of stuff in for anno, and a car being built from scratch using just an instruction manual- on my workbench right now. There are about 20 more in que :lol: I'd say your doing just fine 8)
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

markbt73
Approved Member

Post by markbt73 »

I've gotten to the point where I've actually said, "ok, enough. No new cars until at least one set of tires is worn out." But then something cool comes along, and it's only $50, and so...

We all feel your pain. Trust me. But like I tell my wife, at least it's an at-home sort of hobby, and it's still cheaper than most other guy obsessions.

Mattesch

Post by Mattesch »

markbt73 wrote: But like I tell my wife, at least it's an at-home sort of hobby, and it's still cheaper than most other guy obsessions.
You are correct, sir! There are many "hobbies" that are much worse (drugs, drinking, women, gambling...). And many others that are more expensive. Not a bad choice, if you ask me :-)

DHood
Approved Member

Post by DHood »

You don't have a problem until you hit 100+ or you lose count :lol: :?

Percymon
Approved Member

Post by Percymon »

Everyone recognises your position, I got into rc less than three years ago and currently have 47 models. As if that's not bad enough in that time I've actually sold 23 cars.

So seventy cars in 35 months -jeez it never feels like I've been buying two a month but that's what the figures tell me :(

A month ago I decided enough was enough but I've managed to buy two rc10s , a tamiya TA01 and a mardave meteor since then, with two rc10 classics on pre-order

HELP !!

slow_jun
Approved Member

Post by slow_jun »

yeah, we know the feeling, good thing now im slowly disposing my stuff, just leaving my Son's DS ( WIP ) and left my OIN Graphite. You'll get over it... Welcome to the Bug, I mean board...
“It is more shameful to distrust our friends than to be deceived by them.”
― Confucius

kink
Approved Member

Post by kink »

I set out from the beginning to only have one perfect car, with enough new spares to replicate it (plus more key spares). Anytime I get more items than needed they get sold on. That way I only have one car to display and one box of spares to stash. I love rc but I do not want it taking over my tidy house. For those of you with a hobby room, fair enough go crazy! :) If I won the lottery I would build an exact replica of the model shop I visited as a kid in the 1980s. So I do understand. I just do not have the room.
GARBO 1/8

REMJ666
Approved Member

Post by REMJ666 »

Welcome to the addiction :lol: :lol:
Late Edinger Gold Pan # 6010 .....Vintage Blackfoot....Electrix Circuit Stadium Truck ....Kyosho Ultima Pro XL

Hcp22
Approved Member

Post by Hcp22 »

We all suffer from the RC-car disease in various grads and there is no known cure :mrgreen:
Cheers
Lars

My Feedback

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

You know what my RC obsession is? Wheels & tires. I have more sets than I could use even with the 4 cars I have (yeah, okay, that's pretty modest compared to most of you), but I find I'm always on the hunt for some new, cool design of tire & wheel combo. As much elbow grease as it takes, I just love how polished aluminum looks, and I just can't curb my alloy wheel obsession (pun intended)! :?
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

DMAT
Approved Member

Post by DMAT »

I'm know how your feeling mark and my only solution is go back to what brought you to the rc10. I went back to my basher of a rustler vxl and have all kinds of fun with it. My rc10's are almost out of sight so I dont think about them. Getting several new rc's in a short period can be overwhelming especially when you plan to make a build out of them. For now just put them away or if possible, finish a build and put it on a shelf. Either way, just reduce whats sitting in front of you.

flipwils11
Approved Member

Post by flipwils11 »

gomachv wrote:I have 3 overhauls, a ton of stuff in for anno, and a car being built from scratch using just an instruction manual- on my workbench right now. There are about 20 more in que :lol: I'd say your doing just fine 8)
yeah I have 3 projects, two with anno completed, waiting for other parts sources and body paint before I begin, one I bought on ebay 9 months ago that has been sitting in a box. Then I have mini projects on existing runners and shelfers that I've been thinking of.

Thankfully I have reduced my fleabay searches and even ( :shock: ) let a few parts go to other bidders recently because I'm trying to control the spending. After all, who pays $50 for a Dynotech metal diff gear for a stealth anyways? :lol: I decided it wasn't going to be me!

Edit: Oh and the re-re RC10 kits I have on pre-order, yikes!