Hoarse from swearing....Loudly.

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TRX-1-3

Hoarse from swearing....Loudly.

Post by TRX-1-3 »

Howdy,

Anybody else weave a tapestry of obscenities while working on their "rig"?
Dropping an allen key. Fumbling a screw?

Maybe my workspace sucks. I guess there is something to be said about wiring your shizznit tight both spatially and functionally. Feng shui, if you will. But being half-assed yet dialed is what it is all about. Anybody? I love "E" clips though.

Mark
Hope you're doin' something fun.

GoMachV

Re: Hoarse from swearing....Loudly.

Post by GoMachV »

I tend to that name most of the parts as i'm working :mrgreen: Some names are creative, some are simply hyphenated. All are vulgar lol
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

i tend to curse a lot when working on kyoshos. and when obama is on tv. :mrgreen:

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

I swear at 10% when working on RC cars...but working on 1:1 cars really brings out the full-scale obscenities.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

scr8p wrote:i tend to curse a lot when working on kyoshos. and when obama is on tv. :mrgreen:
Well there's your problem, you shouldn't watch that crap! It's all a lie anyway :lol:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

j-sou
Approved Member

Post by j-sou »

I'm constantly dropping some tiny piece of hardware. Everyone wanted me to speckle my garage floor when I did the epoxy, but I refused and went with a solid color simply because I knew it would be a PITA to find tiny pieces on! Sometimes it still takes me forever to find them... :roll: :lol:
-I never said I knew what I was doing, I just said I was gonna do it!"

R Cane
Approved Member

Post by R Cane »

@%$ing guilty. And I have have carpet under my workspace...that makes it even more fun to hunt for tiny stuff.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

j-sou wrote:I'm constantly dropping some tiny piece of hardware.
I work on mine on my top deck a lot which is about 15 feet off the ground with wide grooves. When I drop something I have to go out and around and pray it didn't fall thru the bottom deck too. One day when I rip that bottom deck out I'm liable to find a enough hardware to build an entire car. :lol: I'm still putting the finishing touches on my barn and the I shouldn't have nearly as many problems.
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

85Edinger
Approved Member

Post by 85Edinger »

I used to, then I started working on my family's 1:1 and suddenly r/c wrenching was a lot less frustrating by comparison.
It's a good thing my mother's not around when I'm wrenching on her car!
. . . you have Associated Green Slime for brains. And not even new Green Slime, but old gooped out Green Slime.

slapshot1979
Approved Member

Post by slapshot1979 »

I stood up from my stool sunday only to find a perfectly placed cupboard door left open finding it with the top of my head. good news I didnt cry.....much. :lol:
Sleeps with a night light on, not because he's scared of the dark but because the dark is scared of him...........stay thirsty my friends

Sixtysixdeuce
Approved Member

Post by Sixtysixdeuce »

i tend to curse a lot when working on kyoshos. and when obama is on tv.
My language can get colorful when projects aren't going right. My face gets colorful just thinking about the damage that man has done to this country. And I have olive tan skin.........
"When you are dead, you do not know you are dead; It is difficult only for others. It is the same when you are stupid."

marlo
Approved Member

Post by marlo »

Check this little hum dinger out..... While installing our new stove (after my wife broke the glass top on the old one) I slit my hand at the bottom of the stove trying to get the cord in position. 5 stitches, 3 hour wait time at the hospital, new stove, just a little bit of cursing. Nice eh!

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Damn! That hurts to look at! I work on appliances in the wintertime (when lawnmowers aren't needed lol) and the worst cut I have ever had was from a dishwasher. The stainless lip was sharper than a Ginsu!
Factory Works website

slotcarrod
Approved Member

Post by slotcarrod »

That sucks Marlo, I see Ontario has the same health care system as Alberta! :roll: I would have cleaned the wound and broke out the CA glue. Works like a charm! You should have seen the look on my sons face when I was wiping off a M6 bayonet that was sharper than I thought! Blood was pissing everywhere. I held the wound closed and asked my son to run a bead of CA glue down the 2 inch slice, held closed until dry. Healed perfect, cant even see a scar. :shock: I do believe CA glue was invented for that very purpose.

OH! Choice words were used at the moment of slicing! :lol:

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

That's the CA story I've heard too, although I'm sure it isn't quite as sterile in hobby form. I use it!
Factory Works website