RC10 Worlds Car rerelease collectibility (rapid rise)

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

TokyoProf
Approved Member

RC10 Worlds Car rerelease collectibility (rapid rise)

Post by TokyoProf »

The RC10 Worlds Car rerelease (especially NIB) has skyrocketed in terms of collectibility if one uses price as a good measure. 1200 and 2450 USD were the most recent sales for NIB kits on ebay. That's no joke...and I don't think it is going back down anytime soon especially in an inflationary environment. Art, watches, cards, collectibles have ALL gone up rapidly, so it is all impressive.

Price reflects demand, and this kit seems to have gone up in price faster than most (or all) rerelease RC kits. I wonder if you have noticed the skyrocketing rise of the Worlds too. Maybe RC10 classic, followed by Schumacher CAT XLS are other recent release models that have rapidly risen in value. RC10 Worlds rerelease could be like baseball cards (like the ones that have manufacturing errors have greater value :)?).
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

Frankentruck

Re: RC10 Worlds Car rerelease collectibility (rapid rise)

Post by Frankentruck »

YZ10 commands huge auction prices. So does MIP 4wd RC10.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

TokyoProf wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 6:17 pm The RC10 Worlds Car rerelease (especially NIB) has skyrocketed in terms of collectibility if one uses price as a good measure. 1200 and 2450 USD were the most recent sales for NIB kits on ebay. That's no joke...and I don't think it is going back down anytime soon especially in an inflationary environment. Art, watches, cards, collectibles have ALL gone up rapidly, so it is all impressive.

Price reflects demand, and this kit seems to have gone up in price faster than most (or all) rerelease RC kits. I wonder if you have noticed the skyrocketing rise of the Worlds too. Maybe RC10 classic, followed by Schumacher CAT XLS are other recent release models that have rapidly risen in value. RC10 Worlds rerelease could be like baseball cards (like the ones that have manufacturing errors have greater value :)?).
Sometime price reflects momentary stupidity. My ebay purchase history is a good example of that trend.
searching the sale history sales seem to be between 800-1200 with a few 1200$ completing with no sale.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

Though there is a solid upwards trend. I recall you could still find them for $600-700 about a year ago.
I would have jumped on one myself, but I keep hearing that there were so many issues with part issues. Even worse is that exactly because there were so many issues is why people have been waiting years to sell them.

I’d be pretty bummed to drop nearly a grand on a kit that had poorly fitted parts.

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

IMHO, the best thing about the re-re's was that previously unavailable parts became available again. And now, that supply is drying up as well.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

jcwrks
Approved Member

Post by jcwrks »

The World's re-re that recently sold for $2400 did in fact sell, but then the buyer realized that it was not a 1994 6037 original and requested a refund. Seller then relisted it again at $2400. The current price is around $800 which is still crazy, but people pay it so it is what it is.
The official TX SKUNK

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

JosephS wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:51 pm Though there is a solid upwards trend. I recall you could still find them for $600-700 about a year ago.
I would have jumped on one myself, but I keep hearing that there were so many issues with part issues. Even worse is that exactly because there were so many issues is why people have been waiting years to sell them.

I’d be pretty bummed to drop nearly a grand on a kit that had poorly fitted parts.
But that is part of the charm ...the collectible errors :). The RC10 Classic had a nice run, with no issues I can think of from this forum and the price rise seems more reasonable. The RC10 Worlds release had to have been kind of a nightmare for the company dealing with customers I would imagine. I think they need "recovery time" before considering doing another reissue in their lineup...they have taken a long pause for sure.
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

TokyoProf wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:13 pm The RC10 Worlds release had to have been kind of a nightmare for the company dealing with customers I would imagine. I think they need "recovery time" before considering doing another reissue in their lineup...they have taken a long pause for sure.
They should take it as a learning experience, and don't change things that worked perfectly fine.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

TokyoProf wrote: Fri May 06, 2022 3:13 pm
JosephS wrote: Thu May 05, 2022 12:51 pm Though there is a solid upwards trend. I recall you could still find them for $600-700 about a year ago.

But that is part of the charm ...the collectible errors :). The RC10 Classic had a nice run, with no issues I can think of from this forum and the price rise seems more reasonable. The RC10 Worlds release had to have been kind of a nightmare for the company dealing with customers I would imagine. I think they need "recovery time" before considering doing another reissue in their lineup...they have taken a long pause for sure.
I'd love the chance to buy an associated re-release of a classic car again. I just can't see them dragging themselves though the mud again to try. From the stories I have read and the parts I have run across AE simply lack the manufacturing expertise to adequately reproduce the parts. Especially with comparing to Traxxas, Tamiya and Koyosho it's such a letdown.

I would love to buy 40th anniversary editions of iconic associated cars with collectors packing, pre-painted bodies and and a display stand. Maybe even make all the hardware stainless steel or titanium. A grand for that kind of limited run kit would not be a difficult decision. Heck even kick start it so the kits are sold before the production is started.

Then again for that kind of money you could get an original car and have the whole thing kashima anodized.

RS Chris
Approved Member

Post by RS Chris »

"A fool and his gold soon part ways."
Current:RC10T, T3 FT, GT Blue Tub, GT FT, GT2 FT, GT5, RC28, SC28, Micro RS4.

Previous:B2, B3, B3 FT, 10T pink chassis, GT FT, TC3, TC3 FT, RS4MT
Tamiya TA02, Thunder Tiger TS4N pro, Kyosho VoneR, Emaxx, MX4, MP 7.5, 7.5 Kanai.

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

I'd love the chance to buy an associated re-release of a classic car again. I just can't see them dragging themselves though the mud again to try. From the stories I have read and the parts I have run across AE simply lack the manufacturing expertise to adequately reproduce the parts. Especially with comparing to Traxxas, Tamiya and Koyosho it's such a letdown.

I would love to buy 40th anniversary editions of iconic associated cars with collectors packing, pre-painted bodies and and a display stand. Maybe even make all the hardware stainless steel or titanium. A grand for that kind of limited run kit would not be a difficult decision. Heck even kick start it so the kits are sold before the production is started.
Then again for that kind of money you could get an original car and have the whole thing kashima anodized.
[/quote]

The 40th anniversary edition is a great idea and could include an iconic poster of the thing.
If Team Associated were to do something grand, they should introduce a limited edition Masami IFMAR champion Stealth car replica--and give everyone on this site a special discount. They rerelease IFMAR Champion winners so this makes sense right? Make it happen!

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Post by rwordenjr »

I was able to get 3 new built rere worlds for about $700 each. NIB is going to run you about $1k-1.2k.

RichieRich
Approved Member

Post by RichieRich »

I bought one back in April 2014 and built it right away. Did anyone else do that?

sondeen

Post by sondeen »

I bought a Worlds ReRe kit on ebay in 2020. It was partially built not new in box so I did not pay too much of a premium over MSPR. But I was very unimpressed with the quality. It had the messed up top shaft, and I think something else was goofed up too that I can't recall at the moment. Over all it just did not compare to the original issue RC10s I own. I ended up fixing the tranny with a B4 spacer and then sold it in pieces parted out.
Sondeen
RC10 Graphite | RC10 Team Car | RC10 Graphite Team Car | RC10B3
CAT XLS Masami | Ultima [sold]

Brian RC10 Fan

Post by Brian RC10 Fan »

I have a sealed NIB worlds that I bought from Stormer Hobbies on clearance for $125 (wish I would have bought 10!) Even though the prices are crazy right now mine will still stay in my collection. Once something is discontinued or retired the value goes up. This is the same with Lego too.