RC10CC classic clear wait list....

Everything pertaining to the RC10 re-releases.
Classic, Classic Clear, World's, etc...

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

RC10th
Approved Member

Re: RC10CC classic clear wait list....

Post by RC10th »

None of those parts are clear anyways except for the body. The full chassis set for $109 a good deal, ready to be anodized any color you want :wink:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Two sets of rear tires, two sets of front tires, a decal sheet, and a tub of green slime is $100.44. That qualifies for free shipping. I'll take that. :wink:

I hate 90% of how AE has handled this whole CC thing, but I am not going to complain about parts coming around that I have always wanted ............ and I hope they dive much deeper into the mechanical parts! But simply having appropriate tires is a great start! When I first got back into this whole RC thing a couple years back, the fact that I couldn't get correct tires for my RC10 was shocking to me. Just with this one order, a couple of 10s sitting around on improvised tires are going to get a new start.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

morrisey0 wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:56 pm Two sets of rear tires, two sets of front tires, a decal sheet, and a tub of green slime is $100.44. That qualifies for free shipping. I'll take that. :wink:

I hate 90% of how AE has handled this whole CC thing, but I am not going to complain about parts coming around that I have always wanted ............ and I hope they dive much deeper into the mechanical parts! But simply having appropriate tires is a great start! When I first got back into this whole RC thing a couple years back, the fact that I couldn't get correct tires for my RC10 was shocking to me. Just with this one order, a couple of 10s sitting around on improvised tires are going to get a new start.
This guy gets it.jpg
This guy gets it.jpg (7.89 KiB) Viewed 680 times
This guy gets it.jpg
This guy gets it.jpg (7.89 KiB) Viewed 680 times
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

RogueIV

Post by RogueIV »

RC10th wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:49 pm None of those parts are clear anyways except for the body. The full chassis set for $109 a good deal, ready to be anodized any color you want :wink:
Not exactly, It's already anodized silver, you'd still have to strip that before changing the color.
Consistency is the key I keep misplacing.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

RogueIV wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 10:24 pm
RC10th wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:49 pm None of those parts are clear anyways except for the body. The full chassis set for $109 a good deal, ready to be anodized any color you want :wink:
Not exactly, It's already anodized silver, you'd still have to strip that before changing the color.
Maybe my wishful thinking got the better of me :lol:
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

Dangeruss
Approved Member

Post by Dangeruss »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Thu Dec 14, 2023 6:32 pm I always assumed this meant the fragile clear plastic parts... pretty much to stop people from running their 10CC, and then complaining that it broke - if you know there's (officially) no spares of the fragile stuff, then maybe you won't build the kit and then take it to the local motocross track.

But hey, I'm just sitting back here and laughing at all the shenaningans... :lol: :lol: :lol: :mrgreen:
And then someone goes and, well... shenanigans @ 5:35... :wink:

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

Good for him running it! I know, I know...collectible....ebay prices...limited quantity...all that. To each their own. Plus, if he crashes it, that is one less available, increasing value for you collectors :lol:

I do wonder, wouldn't pretty much anyone who is ever going to collect RC10s order one? My point is that I don't see a lot of "new" RC10 collectors emerging from the younger generations. So the quantity that are made should be pretty close to the number ever desired. If supply equals demand, even though an item is rare, it still does not see crazy appreciation. This will be interesting to watch.

romulus22

Post by romulus22 »

So I’ve been curious, the satin look on the body, is that just the overspray film? Or are people spraying something to give it that look?

GreenBar0n

Post by GreenBar0n »

romulus22 wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 7:04 pm So I’ve been curious, the satin look on the body, is that just the overspray film? Or are people spraying something to give it that look?
Maybe the frosted-look is from leaving the outer masking on still?

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

1911Colt wrote: Fri Dec 29, 2023 8:34 am Good for him running it! I know, I know...collectible....ebay prices...limited quantity...all that. To each their own. Plus, if he crashes it, that is one less available, increasing value for you collectors :lol:

I do wonder, wouldn't pretty much anyone who is ever going to collect RC10s order one? My point is that I don't see a lot of "new" RC10 collectors emerging from the younger generations. So the quantity that are made should be pretty close to the number ever desired. If supply equals demand, even though an item is rare, it still does not see crazy appreciation. This will be interesting to watch.
Is it really collectible? Every I have seen about this makes it sound like an unlimited release. I tore my open because I figured it's going to be a common kit. I am fully expecting to see these used built on ebay soon enough.

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

JosephS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:06 am Is it really collectible? Every I have seen about this makes it sound like an unlimited release.
At this point, I wouldn't trust AE if they told me water was wet. They missed their selling price by 25%, so what else did they predict wrong? They gave their pre-orders 48 hours to claim theirs, and then yanked the rug from under them. At this point, they could just be selling them at breakeven just to save face, and as soon as the hype dies down, production stops for some made up reason. Who knows what is going to happen, but I wouldn't put any money on what is coming out of AE.

My $319 version is supposed to be coming in from Michael's RC today or tomorrow. For now, it isn't coming out of the box it was shipped in. 6-12 months from now, I will reevaluate. I would prefer it as a shelf queen over sealed NIB. If they are plentiful in the future, I will probably have both.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

1911Colt
Approved Member

Post by 1911Colt »

JosephS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:06 am
Is it really collectible?
I tend to think it is not. It seems every item specifically made to be a "collector's item" ends up being the opposite after a short while. Everyone who fancies himself a collector of said item buys one when new, meaning all of the collectors already have one. At that point, who is left to "collect" them and drive up the price? :lol: No one will ever have an emotional attachment or powerful memories of racing one as a kid.

Note- I am not saying it isn't a cool buggy. I just don't think, in the long run, it will be on the same $$$ level as a gold pan. It is a neat oddity and will look cool sitting on the shelf.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

1911Colt wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:11 pm
JosephS wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 1:06 am
Is it really collectible?
I tend to think it is not. It seems every item specifically made to be a "collector's item" ends up being the opposite after a short while. Everyone who fancies himself a collector of said item buys one when new, meaning all of the collectors already have one. At that point, who is left to "collect" them and drive up the price? :lol: No one will ever have an emotional attachment or powerful memories of racing one as a kid.

Note- I am not saying it isn't a cool buggy. I just don't think, in the long run, it will be on the same $$$ level as a gold pan. It is a neat oddity and will look cool sitting on the shelf.
I'm on the same page on this. For the most part there are some collectors but as a whole associated RC stuff isn't that expensive. Some 40 year old parts and kits are worth a bit, but most are 150-300$ Now if you were buying them out of junk bins for $10 that's great. If you bought a new kit decades ago that is a long time from a $200 re-re to a $900-$1000 sale.

I don't see the new CC kit appreciating much over time. Maybe a $330 kit becomes a $500-600 kit in 5-10 years. $300-400 Seems like a lot to spend for something that don't have a huge upside and a long return on investment.

I'm going to start building mine today.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I'm going to build mine too, just can't decide if I'm going to paint the body. 😁
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

1911Colt wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 12:11 pm I tend to think it is not. It seems every item specifically made to be a "collector's item" ends up being the opposite after a short while.
That is the catch-22 of collectible things isn't it? Deliberate collectible stuff doesn't become collectible stuff, and stuff we think won't be, becomes. By that token, by thinking the RC10CC won't be collectible, and will be unlimited, that is just the stuff that becomes collectible. :D

Even if limited say to the same basis of the RC10re-re, it wouldn't be worth it. Up until this latest little boom, re-res never got crazy, and certainly wouldn't be worth that long term of investment. Even at the now stupid prices being asked, not really worth it unless you packed away many of them.

Just for me and the CC, I am just not in any hurry, and there are dozens of RC projects sitting around that would entertain me just as much. So, once I am convinced there are a million CCs out there, I am going to leave mine alone. Gonna play that small chance that AE pops up after the February shipment and says that is it, no more. :wink: