Today, Right Now, Your Most Fun RC Surface Vehicle?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

morrisey0

Today, Right Now, Your Most Fun RC Surface Vehicle?

Post by morrisey0 »

Given perfect conditions for the vehicle, tomorrow morning, and of course having the day off, what RC four wheeled vehicle would you take out for the most fun?

Carpet car, you found a track with brand new carpet free to play on. Buggy / truggy, you found a perfect dirt course with perfect grip. Crawler, you found great rocks. Etc, etc, etc.

Perfect conditions given, what vehicle do you grab from your stash today? Why?
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

THEYTOOKMYTHUMB

Re: Today, Right Now, Your Most Fun RC Surface Vehicle?

Post by THEYTOOKMYTHUMB »

E Savage XL. Big and fun, like me! :mrgreen: Powerful and tough. I'm generally more vintage and pleasure driving oriented, but after a long cold winter I'm ready for something a little wilder. I need to charge a couple of packs and bind an rx. :D
"The world looks so much better through beer goggles: Enjoy today, you never know what tomorrow may bring."
Ken

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

I would say mod brushless 235 pan car, rarely do you get a perfect track and when it all works is absolutely unbelievable.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

Most fun? Easy, my wide-track Stampede.

I can run it without giving any thought about breaking some part that might be hard to replace.

But given the modifications it has, parts breakage is pretty rare. It will easily survive an accident that would likely mangle an RC10.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

Over the years, I have had the most fun with two very different vehicles:
- Originally, a Schumacher Cougar2 Team buggy, which was often converted to a truck, and which I pretty much wore out.....
- Later, a HPI Blitz short course truck, which I ran all over the place, and had no issues with breaking anything, despite the skate park running....

Seeing as I'm older and grumpier, I would go with the Blitz and it's much stronger construction, bigger parts, and go-anywhere attitude. Maybe I should get another one..... :roll: :shock:

RC10th wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 pm I would say mod brushless 235 pan car, rarely do you get a perfect track and when it all works is absolutely unbelievable.
They say you are what you eat..... here's a guy with a diet consisting solely of macadamias, pecans and almonds.... :P :P :P

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

LoboNYC
Approved Member

Post by LoboNYC »

Given perfect conditions and having the day off (which i do), which RC car would i take out for the most fun?

Hmmm...Although im a nitro guy and most of my collections is associated...i would have to go with my little custom Axial SCX10 bucking Bronco.

It has a custom short wheelbase STRC chassis which required the MIP short dig CVDs to get the proper angles of the drive line and shorter links than what was included in the STRC kit.
It took me a long time to get everything right but when i did it was the most fun RC i ever ran. It is a joy to watch it crawl over rocks or just cruise in the dirt. The suspension is realistic and fun to watch. It is reliable and strong as almost everything has been replaced with aluminum or steel. It has some weight to it but runs oh so smooth.

the best part is that perfect conditions could be a beautiful sunny day, or a dreary snowy day...the 4x4 keeps it moving.

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Incredible_Serious wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:57 pm Over the years, I have had the most fun with two very different vehicles:
- Originally, a Schumacher Cougar2 Team buggy, which was often converted to a truck, and which I pretty much wore out.....
- Later, a HPI Blitz short course truck, which I ran all over the place, and had no issues with breaking anything, despite the skate park running....

Seeing as I'm older and grumpier, I would go with the Blitz and it's much stronger construction, bigger parts, and go-anywhere attitude. Maybe I should get another one..... :roll: :shock:

RC10th wrote: Thu Apr 22, 2021 9:09 pm I would say mod brushless 235 pan car, rarely do you get a perfect track and when it all works is absolutely unbelievable.
They say you are what you eat..... here's a guy with a diet consisting solely of macadamias, pecans and almonds.... :P :P :P

Alex

I was waiting for the "I'll take the blonde out for a spin"..... or the "it's unbelievable when any of my cars actually work" comment ...... :lol:

Btw - You should try the pistachios sometime, they're delicious.....

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Tough question , it's a bit like voting on the BOTM comp ! It's worse as i usually take two cars at least ! The only time I only take one is when I go crawling ! I guess the car that gets most use is my PB Mini Mustang , I drive it way harder than I should but it just eggs me on , I often have to stop just because I'm getting way too enthusiastic with a vintage car :D
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

Pretty simple...88' Nitro Brute with custom gearing, suspension, .O.S. CV 12 and pipe....BIG PAR!
Resized_20210130_161404.jpeg
Resized_20210126_143302.jpeg
Resized_20210126_143404.jpeg
Resized_20210129_152745.jpeg
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

rc10nick
Approved Member

Post by rc10nick »

I've been having way too much fun with my Losi Mini-B. It drives so much like a 1/10 buggy but with the benefit that I can build a track for it in my basement. I've installed completely new electronics - a Savox mini servo, a sensored 24mm motor, hobbywing 10bl60sd esc, and a Noble NB4 radio system.

There's a carpet track that opened up near me this past winter that I've been holding out on going to because of... well... its indoors and nobody wears a mask so yeah, not risking that. But I really want to get the Mini-B out there at some point just to see how it handles a full size track.

Anyway, here it is on my basement track. It's been keeping my skill sharp for sure.

And then of course when I take it outside and turn the throttle trim all the way up I can do stupid stuff like this with the insane power these little brushless motors have:

XLR8
Approved Member

Post by XLR8 »

That's a great question.
At the moment, it's the Losi SBR2 - until something better comes along. I've been running the truck every day since it arrive a couple months ago - big fun!! :D
Attachments
P1010795.JPG
Doug

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

This ones definitely an easy answer for me. It’s my scratch built Slash 2wd. Proline Pro2 chassis,RPM,and a couple traxxas parts. Ceramic bearings throughout. A Castle mamba max pro esc with a 2400kv 550 can. I run it on 4s with mod1 gearing and it is absolutely wicked fast and powerful ! Every time I here that esc arm I’ve got a s$&t eating grin ear to ear because I know it’s going to be an absolute blast. Every now and then I’ll run it with the 2.8 wheels n tires if I really want to tear things up.
10842634-4E7A-497B-8234-25B469E5BF6D.jpeg
362315C9-F0E7-4217-BB3F-6E0E917BBADE.jpeg
30C13557-78A3-4B9B-8C5F-A78E31FD0507.jpeg
8F209AA7-2BDB-4B9F-991E-3F35A321A7E0.jpeg
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

MarkyDents
Approved Member

Post by MarkyDents »

It’s been setup many ways since I built it years ago. At one point I had it setup for speed runs with a Mamba Monster, 2200kv 1/8 system running 6s on Jaco foams. Fastest it went was 88mph, nerve racking to say the least. Unfortunately my older 3s packs were holding it back.... should’ve done 100 !!
744A7DE1-DB55-4B97-93CD-EF5F79CA1708.jpeg
Who do you race for ?
Me……. I race for me.
That’s impossible, I was told you need a sponsor to race.
Hey Cru ! Go balls out 8)

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

If I had more money I would have loved to give speed runs a real go, that and if we actually had a place that was smooth enough considering the closest surface to Australia is Mars...

I started to build a speed car years ago but abandoned the idea......

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

RC10th wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 pm If I had more money I would have loved to give speed runs a real go, that and if we actually had a place that was smooth enough considering the closest surface to Australia is Mars...
True, dat.
RC10th wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 8:12 pm I started to build a speed car years ago but abandoned the idea......
Maybe when you finish giving 9" to the Fairlane..... :roll:
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!