Vintage RC market predictions -

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

mirrorman
Approved Member

Vintage RC market predictions -

Post by mirrorman »

Found this YT video kinda' interesting . Who know what is going to happen , but most everthing RC seems to be on the up.

Mja75
Approved Member

Re: Vintage RC market predictions -

Post by Mja75 »

Vintage prices in the UK are going crazy. Very few people racing means everyone is looking for a vintage project to throw cash at. Not many bargains to be had :(

Synergy
Approved Member

Post by Synergy »

I certainly think that plays a big part in the current increase in prices. I also think the vintage race scene has increased in a big way in the UK over the last couple of years.

I only need to think back 7 years or so and there was next to no vintage only events, now there seems to be many to choose from, which is brilliant as far as I’m concerned.
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you to recognize a mistake when you make it again.

Here's my TC Showroom
http://www.tamiyaclub.com/showroom.asp?id=18028

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

no vintage events here in the US where i can get to....sux
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

Toaster
Approved Member

Post by Toaster »

I was just about to post something along these lines, ever since Covid everything vintage has jumped in price. Saw a beat up RC10 Worlds car (re-re) on the bay, think sc8p mentioned it earlier, topping $500, which seems like quite a hefty sum.

Are there any deals left out there? 1/8 vintage gas seems a little depressed price wise or is that them finally coming down a little? I saw a Turbo Burns in great shape with no bids at $250, which I thought was surprising.

That being said I did see a 2wd X-ray on the bay for $60, perhaps the lesser known non-vintage right now are better buys as everyone focuses on the classics like Associated, Tamiya, Kyosho, Losi etc?
I come for the RC10's but stay for the Yokomo's :P

Current projects:
1993 WCS Faux-komo
1994 Yokomo Box-Art
RC10GT Restoration

MrCrow

Post by MrCrow »

Pricing in the Midwest is going crazy. People aren't spending money on restaurants and travel so they are buying "stuff" instead. The added stimulus has also helped drive the price up aswell I would guess.

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

A number of items I was interested in on eBay over the past few weeks have gone for absolutely ridiculous prices. :| It's really frustrating when things are going for double, triple, and beyond their normal worth. If anything, now is the time to sell.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

73 quid on eBay for a pair of front hub carriers for a Yokomo YZ-834b , last pair I naught were about 20 quid delivered .........just found another pair for 78 quid plus 30 delivery MAD !
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

SoCalSnakeEyes

Post by SoCalSnakeEyes »

You want mad? There's a Losi JRx buggy on bay for near 4K!
And, the price of a nice gold pan is over $500 in most cases..I got lucky and found a less than nice but all there 6 gear one for $140 shipped.
If you want deals on ebay look up by esc. A quick search for Novak for instance can lead to a $25 JRxT. Simply because that's the only name the person car find on it. Just a tip.
You may know me as Jessica. Or, that girl that raced a Stampede at SoCal Raceway. Maybe, that girl with the big big block El Camino.
IG and YT @ Jessica's 2 Car Garage https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMP9VnJ76BZv6EZJSRke_pw/

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Post by Coelacanth »

The value for vintage anything that's good quality will only go up, this should be no surprise to anyone. It doesn't matter whether it's RC, musical instruments, car parts, etc...if it's quality and it's old, the value always goes up.

I've always said one caveat to this, however: vintage crap is still crap. Just because something is old doesn't mean it's automatically valuable.
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

Lowgear
Administrator

Post by Lowgear »

Also rarity as well. Just because something is rare, doesn't always make it worth a lot. Sometimes it has the opposite effect. The item is rare for a reason.

I'm pessimistic when it comes to the future value of R/C. Unlike mainstream hobbies and collectibles, I feel R/C in general has become a niche hobby. On top of that, vintage R/C is an esoteric subcategory of the already niche hobby. The question is will future generation find any value in the models we consider vintage today? Nope, probably not since they didn't grow up with any of it. They'll only find value in the models that they grew up with. Even then it will be a far smaller group. That will render our premillennial models worthless. This has been discussed several times here in the past. The answer always ends up being that we'll all be very old or dead by then so it ultimately doesn't matter. :? :lol:

Medved

Post by Medved »

anything associated rc10 is just going up and up in the UK. even bits lots of parts.
like others have said, over here because of lockdown everyone got into building/restoring projects. my local club in the south east of England has a strong vintage class, plenty of people have just been buying up whatever parts they can find just to keep racing.