SilverTriple's printing stuff...

The place to be for printing in 3D.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

silvertriple
Approved Member

Re: SilverTriple's printing stuff...

Post by silvertriple »

GoMachV wrote: Sat Sep 02, 2023 9:28 pm Don't you just love the ones that can't even form a sentence? I get those a lot.... "STL?"

Haha .. no... No STL.
Oh yeah, those 3 letters... :D
It's quite concerning somehow than a few parasites are spoiling the experience, but on Facebook, there is quite a good number of them, unfortunately...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Now that I have tires, I need rims... Let's do 2 colors as usual...

And by the way, the Hunter / Galaxy tires looks also nice (pictures later)... I'll report back to the guys from Liqcreate about my comparative experience with both their resine and Resione resin, so they can improve their producs... Actually, the look of the Liqcreate Felexible-X resin was really nice, and it would be good if they succeed to make it more resistant by changing the formula slightly...

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

There was still resin in the VAT, I throw at it a Shogun/Coors Desert Master tire... And it printed as well... There is things to improve, but it is a good start...
After cleaning and before drying and UV Cure...

After drying and UV Cure

The following print didn't finish as there was no longer any resin inside. 1KG of resin, 10.5 tires with 90% support density. I'll need to reduce down the density to 85% or 80% to check next time...

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

As I was preparing to mount the tires on the Hunter (vintage event next week end). I noticed the rear side of those tires is not as bad as I thought, and it is partly due to the post processing...

It doesn't look that bad. You may notice the holes digged on the rear side to avoid suction cup effect on the print. Very happy with those tires... Next resin bottle, I'll have to show some Hirobo love :-)

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Seen another Nichimo Exceed 443WDS on sale on one of the group in Facebook with nice pictures and the seller indicating the chassis is printed... Looking attentively to the picture, it's easy to notice the bottom chassis is printed, as well as front and rear gearbox halves... I'm very happy my files are serving to someone to repair NIchimo cars... I mention this, but also that the provenance of the file should be precised in the announcement... And got some feedback I should not hijacking the ad to promote my products... The guy told he had no knowledge about who printed the file and where he get it (would be suprising as the guy is in many groups where I published pictures of my work, but ok)... At the end, when I see this, I'm more and more tempted to remove all my files from Thingiverse and Printable and making them as paid files at least if not removing them completely...

Not sure what to think and decide, but that becomes more and more frequent unfortunately...

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

silvertriple wrote: Sun Sep 10, 2023 1:34 pm Seen another Nichimo Exceed 443WDS on sale on one of the group in Facebook with nice pictures and the seller indicating the chassis is printed... Looking attentively to the picture, it's easy to notice the bottom chassis is printed, as well as front and rear gearbox halves... I'm very happy my files are serving to someone to repair NIchimo cars... I mention this, but also that the provenance of the file should be precised in the announcement... And got some feedback I should not hijacking the ad to promote my products... The guy told he had no knowledge about who printed the file and where he get it (would be suprising as the guy is in many groups where I published pictures of my work, but ok)... At the end, when I see this, I'm more and more tempted to remove all my files from Thingiverse and Printable and making them as paid files at least if not removing them completely...

Not sure what to think and decide, but that becomes more and more frequent unfortunately...
You should have no shame in asking for some payment for the files , you can choose how much or how little , there are too many people who just use free files for their own profit and never even credit the author or offer thanks , I've put plenty of free files out but nothing that was a considerable amount of work , hell even if you sell the file or part people will try to make insane profits off your work , people suck .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Each time I launch a print, I know how much the X1C changed a lot the things for me... It's not perfect, but there is very few occasions where I have a failed print and when it happens, it is my own fault...

I tried to print the pulley cover for the Hirobo... Face down, as it was the way the slicer wanted it...

And here is the result : left side had supports everywhere, and I did have hard time to remove them... My filament settings may need some tuning again (last firmware update changed something in the K factor settings as they are back to 0, or I did a mistake). I put some support blockers as I have a bridge, and that came to be the right side (PETG has a tendancy to adhere the nozzle, and it happens that small circles don't stay on the bed, specially when I did already multiple prints on it before that print)... The dims are right, it fits the gearbox and everything around, but I can't show it this way, which means I have to reprint it again, but face up with lot of supports this time...

Next will be a 44B City/Vega radio box cover. The slicer want to put it angled on the side angle. Not lot of support but left and right side would not be similar and requiring post processing. I decided to put it in the bottom side, with adaptative layers, and use a lot of support. Again this is a PETG print (will see how support will be, but i'm not too much worried about this)...
This is going to be a long print, and I will see the result only tomorrow...

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Ouch!
I have to change the nozzle today, and this was the first real problem I have with the printer... I noticed yesterday that the automatic calibration was no longer working properly, which resulted in the surface issue in some of my recent prints (not all of them got affected, but some were clearly)... I swapped the nozzle assembly, and then replace the nozzle in this one. I'll reorder some nozzles at some point, next time I need specific filament from Bambu Lab... It did not take long to do, and it is back to normal now...

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

I post on forums related to 3D printing as well, and this week I got a nice surprise : this week, my Super Wheelie made it to the week's publication of the companion blog with nice pictures...
https://www.lesimprimantes3d.fr/semaine-impression-3d-406-20231015/

This is the second time one of my car happens to be mentioned in the week blog entry, as the Nichimo Spirit FF made it as well... And I see this as a very good way to give some ideas to 3D printing folks about repairing/inventing/moding cars with 3D printers, and a good recongnition of my work...

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Today I took the time to publish my tires on cults3D with as clear as possible explanation on how to proceed to print them...
https://cults3d.com/en/design-collections/marcweckerfr/rc-tires

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Something good happened this week.
Few weeks ago, a cults3D user bought the Super Wheelie/Big Bear chassis parts. And he sent me a message to say that everything works and he is very happy with the possibility to repair his car... It caught me off guard : before I had many downloads, and almost never any feedbacks. Here it's paid part, there is one single download and the user actually feedback on my work. That's very different, and I'm very happy about this!

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Happy New Year 2024 to everyone.
2023 was quite an impressive year with a lot of things I've done which I could have seen as impossible just few years back... The main lesson : failure is part of the success and you will learn from it, and each failure is a step closer to the success.
And in terms of 3D printing, this is particulary true... If I take the exemple of the tires (and actually, this not the only exemple), it took me about 2 years, many fails and many ideas to get there and having them working...
So never stop trying, and don't forget, sometimes you need to be a bit studborn to get to the success and keep trying...
Happy CAD and 3D printing 🙂

ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Apparently, Bambulab already teases a new flagship printer for 2024, and a conquest is launched for the best 3D print of 2023, with annoncement of the winner on feb 5th, perhaps at the time of introduction of the new printer...

I decided to show of my special Hyper Wheelie... If you pass there, don't hesitate to click like on my instagram publication :-)

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

Following some discussion initiated with friends, I create a page for Silver Triple designs on Facebook. (I'll add a link later on - for the time being it seems it doesn't work - You may searh for "Silver Triple designs" in facebook)
On this page, I'll share more visuals of my projects (sometimes here I don't share all pics, while there would be usually more pics on my facebook wall but very much less written details)...
(don't worry, I'm too attached to the interaction mode we have on forums with lot of interesting exchanges helping to progress and learn a lot of things, I won't leave old fashioned forums like this one)
Edit:
link to the page : https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=61555214226826

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

It happens I'm printing stuff that has nothing related with RC...
Yesterday I received a starlink equipment to bump my connectivity bandwith (from almost none). I designed a part to fix the antenna to the wall...

Then I printed it in PETG/CF as it was what I had at hand for this. I installed the 0.6 nozzle for this, and the prints was just entering in the plate. Except the infill which was set to gyroid instead of grid, it's all default for strength in 0.3mm layer thickness... It was a long print.

The texture is really nice and you need to look into the details to see the layers... One of my nicest prints so far... I'm really impressed by the aspect... I guess I'll print more parts with this material :-)