Dadio's 3D Printing Stuff

The place to be for printing in 3D.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dadio
Approved Member

Re: Dadio's 3D Printing Stuff

Post by Dadio »

Just found an error , somehow i had attached the transmission 2mm too low , just taken a while to sort out :oops:
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

I really like when test prints are not the same color than the original parts... It really helps people to sense what we are doing here :-)
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

More Holiday Buggy stuff , these are Pro 3d printed gears I got done to verify the design before they go on sale.
20230228_173538.jpg
20230228_173602.jpg
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I finally found a 540 motor mount for a reasonable price so drew up this gear cover to mach , its a two piece design .
20230307_082224.jpg
20230307_082241.jpg
20230307_082319.jpg

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

All the lights , engine and side pods for the Tamiya Sand Rover are now free downloads on Thingiverse

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

The other day I started Modelling up the Ishipla Monster , the chassis and front suspension is nearly complete .
assembly v12.png
assembly v121.png
I've found more manufacturer mistakes in this car than any before , its not uncommon to find one mistake by the manufacturer and for every time I find one I quadruple check to make sure its their mistaken measurement not mine (I'm deeply fallible) but this car ..... a lot of quadruple checks lol.

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

More pretty pictures and more manufacturer errors found :lol: this is the first time I'm trying trying to determine what is poor design and what is poor implementation of the design .
assembly v141.png
assembly v14.png

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

I really like this kind of moment when you see something and in your mind you think "But what the h*** did the designer wanted to do?" :lol: :mrgreen:

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Just finished the gearbox , Lordy :!: There's stuff you just expect to be how things are done , like if there are 4 screws in the corners holding the gearbox together that they will be equally spaced out , no none of that here and for no reason I can see , well maybe with one of them as its also a motor plate screw hole and is related to the bearing for the lay shaft but why not make the other 3 holes accord with that one ......anyway more pretty pictures that are what you came for .
assembly v181.png
assembly v18.png

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

The Ishipla Monster is such an odd design, it's like it was done by multiple people that didn't speak the same language and hadn't ever met each other until they were told their sections had to connect together. Yeah I think it's really cool! 😁

Great job with the modelling!
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

Frankentruck wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 11:19 am The Ishipla Monster is such an odd design, it's like it was done by multiple people that didn't speak the same language and hadn't ever met each other until they were told their sections had to connect together. Yeah I think it's really cool! 😁

Great job with the modelling!
I swear they ran out of money half way or they ran out of time , the gearbox and I rear suspension were done so they frankensteiened it to a hastily copied grasshopper front end , even the plastic in the trailing arms at the back is of a clearly much higher quality than any other plastic on the car , it's very odd but I really do believe they started making a high quality competitive car but somehow only completed the rear end before they were interrupted and dramatically reduced their aspirations.

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

They did manage to release it with a different name and body but I've never seen one up for sale.
Attachments
Screenshot_20230531_142754_Firefox.jpg
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

silvertriple

Post by silvertriple »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:32 pm They did manage to release it with a different name and body but I've never seen one up for sale.
As per the stickers sheet, there was three models : the Monster, the Super Hawk (a shop nearby had an identified body, which I sent the link to a friend, and he bought it, never saw any kit up for sale, neither advert in all the french magazine archive you can find on rc-paper.com or retromodelisme.com), and another one Appolo, which I don't even know how the body was....

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

silvertriple wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:45 pm
GoMachV wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 4:32 pm They did manage to release it with a different name and body but I've never seen one up for sale.
As per the stickers sheet, there was three models : the Monster, the Super Hawk (a shop nearby had an identified body, which I sent the link to a friend, and he bought it, never saw any kit up for sale, neither advert in all the french magazine archive you can find on rc-paper.com or retromodelisme.com), and another one Appolo, which I don't even know how the body was....
The Hawk in the picture above looks mechanically identical but who knows what the Apollo was like , maybe it was in god mode and had a better front end , usually I have vague memories of most cars but I never knew about the Monster back in the day at all let alone any other versions .

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

I think monster is a perfect descriptive name for it. It's such a composition of different design styles.
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"