Have vintage rc10 prices been going down lately?

When it's R/C related, but doesn't fit anyplace else.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

JosephS

Have vintage rc10 prices been going down lately?

Post by JosephS »

Have prices been dropping lately on vintage items?

I've been buying cars lately and the prices just seem to be less than they used to be.

morrisey0

Re: Have vintage rc10 prices been going down lately?

Post by morrisey0 »

I literally just posted 10 minutes ago about prices locally have been staying strong. I saw a drop just as the lock-down ended, but they seemed to go back up and have been high around here since. People in my parts seem to think their untouched rough RC10 is $300+ all day long.

The variations in the market are going to be Covid related in my opinion. Everyone who found themselves with loads of time on their hands starting looking to rekindle great moments of their youth, and one of the ways was to buy RC cars they once had. I "thought" that once everyone got back out, the market would be flooded as people would realize they didn't really want to put the time/money into actually restoring these things. BUT, I think, just enough got hooked! Just enough stuck with the hobby, and want to continue to move forward, and they are collecting cars still, and they are keeping prices high.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

Frankentruck

Post by Frankentruck »

morrisey0 wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 7:50 pm Just enough stuck with the hobby, and want to continue to move forward, and they are collecting cars still, and they are keeping prices high.
It's my fault. I never had an RC10 as a kid, but always wanted one. Now I have more than my fair share, and still collecting.... moo ah ah ahhhhh.... 😁
Frankensteined RC10T3 / Franky Jr RC10GT-e (x2) / A+ stamp / Toy Story RC / Graphite replica / B1.5 BFG 5LTi / Clonewald / Hyper Hornet

"I love the effort, but it sure looks like you took the long way around to a tub again"

juicedcoupe

Post by juicedcoupe »

It seems like some items have leveled out or dropped a little. Others (Stealth transmissions and decent chassis) continue to go up.

Six gears aren't as cheap as they used to be but are much cheaper than a Stealth.
Always looking for new and interesting ways to waste money.

TokyoProf
Approved Member

Post by TokyoProf »

juicedcoupe wrote: Mon May 16, 2022 9:00 pm It seems like some items have leveled out or dropped a little. Others (Stealth transmissions and decent chassis) continue to go up.

Six gears aren't as cheap as they used to be but are much cheaper than a Stealth.
I noticed it as well. There could be more available buggies in the online market. When fear about the economy hits the fan, and it costs me 100 bucks to fill the gas tank in CA, something has got to go---and this is cheap by global standards lol. Could be a reflection of financial pain IMO. Hang in there ya'll.
"Everyone is capable of so much more than they think they are." - Johnny Kim - Navy Seal, Doctor, Astronaut

Phin
Approved Member

Post by Phin »

Could be some small time sellers might be trying to stay under the $600 tax limit so they don't get a 1099k.

rwordenjr
Approved Member

Post by rwordenjr »

Depends what exact item it is but seems to be have stayed pretty steady up since Covid hit.

JosephS

Post by JosephS »

I haven't been at the collecting thing for all too long, so I don't know if it's seasonal or goes in cycles.

I had picked up 10t's on ebay for the low end of $100. The first one I picked up was about right at that price but the second was in nice condition.
I seem to be seeing many completed sales between 100-200 with the proper ebay search terms, not mis-labled. I think I'm not snapping up deals but things are just getting affordable.

Many of the b4/t4's I have seen over $200 just don't seem to be moving. Rc10's in the over $200 range seem to move sporadically.

Now I haven't seen very many good condition team cars or world cars.

Used tub chassis seem to be going up in price. The junkers I look for can be had for $10-15 but something in decent condition or without bonus holes are getting pricier. But Nip chassis seem to have hit a ceiling where they are hanging around for sale. It is less to get a NIP chassis right now than anodize an existing one.