Surviving isolation chat

Feel free to discuss anything NON-R/C related that is on your mind.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dadio
Approved Member

Surviving isolation chat

Post by Dadio »

There's a ton of bored people stuck at home , what's your plan to survive the boredom ?
I cut the grass and I've been running a few cars in the garden , so far the Rough Rider project I'm working on and my Mini Mustang have been out today , found a problem with one of the trim pots on the Tekin in the Mustang that was making it cut out but I was able to fix it and its running really well .
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

Coelacanth
Approved Member

Re: Surviving isolation chat

Post by Coelacanth »

I've been working on RC car stuff. Suddenly I have spare time and was able to get motivated to work on a few projects that were put on the back, way back burner for far too long. 8)
Completed projects: CYANide Onroad Optima | Zebra Gold Optima | Barney Optima | OptiMutt RWD Mid
Gallery - Coel's Stalls: Marui Galaxy & Shogun Resto-Mods | FrankenBuff AYK Buffalo | 1987 Buick GNX RC12L3

jkelm24
Approved Member

Post by jkelm24 »

I work in IT within the healthcare industry, so I'm still working full-time from home... With teacher wife and grade-school Son running around the house! Teacher wife is home-schooling Kiddo while also trying to teach her own class remotely.

It's actually nice all being home together... except when Kiddo is running up and down the hall doing pretend Ninja kicks while I'm on a serious work conference call.

Finished up a Top Force re-re. I've been slowly working on it since February... few pieces here... few pieces there...

It had been sitting without a body for a few weeks, so I finally took the time to paint and sticker-up the body. The Top Force decals are a PIA! They're so darn big, it's hard to get them positioned correctly while also trying to keep them bubble-free.

It turned out pretty good. I'll get a build thread and pics loaded up.

Maybe now I'll start working on the JRX Pro SE that's been sitting half-done for the past year!

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

I've been evicted from the PC so I can't do much CAD work or 3d printing or my 13 year old ASD daughter will explode , one good thing right now is the three children still living at home all have ASD ( autistic spectrum disorder or commonly called Asperger's ) and they don't like going out , hate crowds and like staying in their rooms , this is like heaven for them ! But its meant I've had to order a lap top for myself :D
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

jwscab

Post by jwscab »

I'm working from home at about a 75% effectiveness. So my days feel similar to being at work, except I can't do any hands on hardware testing/debug. Wife works from home most of the week usually. Biggest change is the boys home from school. My older one (12) is pretty self managed, gets the assignments and gets 'em done. then video games/electronics, etc. The 9 yr old has been crying at lease once a day from school and video games (fortnite), so that's been fun. been able to get out in the sun when it's shining, little bit of baseball warmup/walks/bikes.

by the end of the day, the night slips by quick so haven't been getting to what I want on RC stuff, but it is what it is. I gotta get a big chunk of home remodel done over the weekend and I think that will free me up.

we have been putting a dent in our beer supply, so that's been nice.....

coxbros1

Post by coxbros1 »

I run a lawn maintenance company with my brother.....its business as usual except we eat at home and dont talk to anyone right now. So busy right now cant even find time for vintage rc! I got a tuned pipe i want to try on the Nitro Brute, plus the Monster Beetle and Avante Black Special came in. BTW i have no wife or kids but my brother has a good cat, prolly best in the world..ask Thumbs :lol: Also i text Thumbs as much as possible but still havent got an answer when or if he will ever do a vintage build
Tap pic for clarity: Derek

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

I'm still working. The wife has been home though, so it frees me up after work. Don't have to walk the dog, make supper, etc. Finally have some time to mess with r/c stuff later in the night.

if any of you guys are on the 10talk FB group, I've been doing some FB live videos while dicking around the r/c stuff. Nothing special, but....

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

scr8p wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:56 pm if any of you guys are on the 10talk FB group, I've been doing some FB live videos while dicking around the r/c stuff. Nothing special, but....
Rumor has it if we hit 50 viewers Scr8p will whip out the Ultima and praise it’s superior design on the live steam :shock:
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

Been rebuilding/renovating my hobby shed/space. Started before I went into self isolation, but the last week has let me crack on with it, here’s some pics

Will be a much nicer place once I get everything back in there and set up to my “vision”
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

scr8p
Administrator

Post by scr8p »

GoMachV wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 pm
scr8p wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 4:56 pm if any of you guys are on the 10talk FB group, I've been doing some FB live videos while dicking around the r/c stuff. Nothing special, but....
Rumor has it if we hit 50 viewers Scr8p will whip out the Ultima and praise it’s superior design on the live steam :shock:
Ehhhh.... I just don't see that happening. :lol:

Dadio
Approved Member

Post by Dadio »

mtbkym01 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:31 pm Been rebuilding/renovating my hobby shed/space. Started before I went into self isolation, but the last week has let me crack on with it, here’s some pics

Will be a much nicer place once I get everything back in there and set up to my “vision”
That's a major upgrade , wish I had half that space ! Very nice .

Incredible_Serious
Approved Member

Post by Incredible_Serious »

jwscab wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 12:29 pm we have been putting a dent in our beer supply, so that's been nice.....
That has to be a positive, right??? :shock: :lol:

GoMachV wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:14 pm
As long as that's the only thing he whips out, you'd have to be happy......

As an IT guy in a small company doing mostly remote systems, it's been pretty much business as usual, apart from having to spend time on the phone rather than talking to coworkers across the room. We've actually got so much work on at the moment that I'm pretty much snowed under... which is a fair thing in Australia!

On top of the work I'm not getting done, I've also got two school subjects I picked up this study period.... that I'm falling behind on.

Then there's the stalking of my friends on the 'net, which takes more time now that they're all so much more active!!! Barstools!

Plus, I see everyone working on their projects, so I want to work on my own... so take them out, sort bits for a while, then put them back again *sigh*

Plus, with no access to the library to grab DVDs, I had to connect Netflix for the missus.... so I'm catching up on Final Space, Happy! Season 2, and Disenchantment, to get started.....

Yeah, this lock-in could go on another few years, and I'd still not have enough time! Anyone got any motivation that actually works? Was going to try and look for some, but, well, you know, ran out of motivation....

Alex
Osiris is the key.

"The world looks so much better through beer goggles... except Farmer in his underwear" - Ken

Look out for Todd K. - he's a convicted serial killer!!!

GeneralZod
Approved Member

Post by GeneralZod »

Dadio wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 pm
mtbkym01 wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 5:31 pm Been rebuilding/renovating my hobby shed/space. Started before I went into self isolation, but the last week has let me crack on with it, here’s some pics

Nice collection you got there! And I spotted that coffee mug under the TV! :wink:

mtbkym01

Post by mtbkym01 »

GeneralZod wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 8:29 pm
Dadio wrote: Fri Mar 27, 2020 7:15 pm

Nice collection you got there! And I spotted that coffee mug under the TV! :wink:
Hehe, there’s a glass under there too which is similar :lol:
You name it - and I want it ;)
If it's Old Skool, It's Kool

RC10th
Approved Member

Post by RC10th »

Nice set up Kym, I wish my stuff was as organized as that.
I was old school - when old school wasn't cool !