a thread for BambuLab machines

The place to be for printing in 3D.

Moderators: scr8p, klavy69

Dadio
Approved Member

Re: a thread for BambuLab machines

Post by Dadio »

I've never used a cool plate , I guess it could help with overhangs on PLA
If a jobs not worth doing then its certainly not worth doing well.
A problem shared is a problem halved but an advantage shared is no advantage at all.

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

The Cool Plate/Engineering plate combo is the standard bed plate on the X1C. AT this stage, I did not tried the dual sided textured PEI plate... One thing is clear, is at this stage, the calibration features with the Lidar are disabled with PEI, due to the texture I guess...
I buy kits to build and ru(i)n them :-)

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

New firmware available today for the X1Series with active noise cancellation and few other improvements...
https://wiki.bambulab.com/en/x1/manual/X1-X1C-AMS-firmware-release-history

Not updated mine yet, but it is likely to be soon...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

very cool, ill check that out. I usually like to wait a week on my phone updates to let others be the beta testers LOL, maybe ill wait a few days to be sure.

I have had a few AMS issues lately, printing regular PLA and seems to be the third slot causing grief. It seems like the roller motor is not spinning, like it locking up sometimes but not others. It pulls the PLA in so hard it lifts the spool out of place and lifts the lid lol. When I grab the spool and lift it off the rollers, the filament pulls as it should. Other times it works just fine and the same spool in a different slot works fine as well. Need to do more testing. Since I changed to a fresh spool in the third slot it hasnt acted up. Its also weird to me that right now after my machine has been at idle for a good 12 hours, some rollers will spin free and others will be locked up. After nudging them, they then spin freely.
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

I never have such issue within my 2 AMS, except when a spool is too light (didn't happened with the Bambu spool, but some Sunlu spools when reaching 66% to 80% depleted), and in that case, putting an old battery in the spool center solves the issue... That being said, it could be as well a first stage feeder issue (raise a ticket to Bambu Lab support) ...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

yes it just happened again while calibrating with a brand new spool. Not tightly wound, in fact I didnt see any reason for the error. This time it didnt lift the spool of course as its pretty heavy. I disconnected the ams feed, pulled the filament out as normal, re-fed it and its printing fine. Never have had any broken filament in it. The AMS has been my only issue with the machine, and no issue with the one without ams either. When it works it is amazing haha, especially with the pla support filament. that stuff is magic!
It's time to stand up to the bully. Support the companies that support the industry, not the ones that tear it down. Say no to Traxxas
Factory Works website

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

next time it happens, take a video of it and report a ticket to BambuLab support... You may have a faulty first stage feeder...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

oh boy! im gonna regret not waiting i bet
Attachments
Screenshot 2023-12-11 at 16-26-30 Bambu Lab Unleash Your Creativity with Bambu Lab 3D Printers - Bambu Lab.png
Factory Works website

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

The Big Bro, is a bed slinger, A1, same plate as X1/P1 Series : 256x256x256... Interesting still for those who are looking for fast printer with multi color capability, but limited to PLA/PETG materials...

I updated the firmware of my X1C today. Relaunched Calibration from scratch after the upgrade (Somthing it's not written but advised by many to be mandatory), and launched a Benchy. Quality seems even better than before (last time I printed one was few months ago), but what is really impressive this time is the noise level is highly reduced. It still noisy, but when you print parts with less direction changes, I know this is going to be very much less noisy...

And by the way, since the A1 is presented tomorrow, there is chances that a new Bambu Studio version is coming tomorrow... Combined with the new firmware of the X1C, there will be now the possibility to create new filament profile and get them into the printer from what I understand (currently the filaments you can set in from the printer, are just the Bambu Lab and generic): that will allow to record once for all the profiles - I don't see much variation in the K factor of the filaments I use within same brand and same color, so it is going on the good path, I guess...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

That is cool and good to know. I use Orcaslicer and have been mostly happy except for the odd way it handles the ams. Probably the same as Bambu studio though.
Factory Works website

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

GoMachV wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 1:41 pm That is cool and good to know. I use Orcaslicer and have been mostly happy except for the odd way it handles the ams. Probably the same as Bambu studio though.
I'm using BambuStudio as most of the calibration features have now been included... That said, I should try Orcaslicer to see if there is more features regarding bridges, overhangs and other slicing fine definition, as sometimes there is few suprises in slicing... The kind of things which appears when slicing a gearbox such as the one of the Super Wheelie/Big Bear...

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Great read guys!

A couple of bucks are heading my way, and I want to use part of it to upgrade the FDM printer. I have cursed the C3V2 many times, but at this point, I do have to say it is super reliable ........ but it is time to step up my game.

I am looking at the P1S and the X1-Carbon, but I do feel like if I get the P1, I will always want to upgrade it with enough hop-ups that it will eventually end up close to a X1, so I am thinking about just sucking it up and starting there.

I am really wondering about the AMS, and do I want to bother with it, at least for now. It seems to be the one thing that pops up as a problem (even in this thread), so to keep the whole experience as positive as possible, I am thinking about not getting the "combo." At least at the moment, I don't do any multi-color prints, so that in itself may throw out its need altogether.

But the idea of not manually feeding, although such a relatively small task, seems really attractive. I do have a couple of favorite types of filaments, and to have just a few different colors of my favorite brand just sitting there ready to go, is also attractive.

I have heard you can keep some desiccant material in the AMS and just use it as storage. Anyone had issues with keeping filament in it and getting wet?

To sum up that nonsense, I think I am sold on the X1, just not sure on the AMS.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.

silvertriple
Approved Member

Post by silvertriple »

morrisey0 wrote: Sun May 12, 2024 2:07 pm I have heard you can keep some desiccant material in the AMS and just use it as storage. Anyone had issues with keeping filament in it and getting wet?

To sum up that nonsense, I think I am sold on the X1, just not sure on the AMS.
Have a read at my 3D printing thread, as that's where all started here with Bambu machines...
I printed trays for dessicant beads I put in the 2 AMS I have. And while many people are thinking colors where it comes to AMS, some are thinking multimaterials (and that's much more interessant, IMH0) : you can print some material that don't stick together and use one as support interface for the other, which is easing the prints. I have mentioned miltiple examples in my thread...
Initially, I bought one AMS while not completely convinced. A few months later, I added another one...

Good luck in your choice. One thing to note, Software updates are going to be longer for the P1S if the recent announcement are right as the P1S is the younger one...

GoMachV

Post by GoMachV »

Get the ams. Side load filament that won't run through it like carbon fibers and other abrasives. Once you have one ams you will want two. I never thought I wanted one and I now have two. :lol: Even if you arent running multi color prints, the ability to use support material is amazing. Most of my ams issues were me, and one time filament that was too brittle.
Factory Works website

morrisey0

Post by morrisey0 »

Last night, I finally just said screw it and ordered the X1-CC!

I went through the entire payment process, and went through PP and set up "Pay in 4" and got to the last cart screen, and there was a drop menu for "Country," and US wasn't listed :?: Come to find out I ended up on the Bambu GLOBAL site, and not the Bambu US site. :( Even though the price was in USD, and I could completely fill out my shipping address and it added shipping charges (and state taxes) to my order, I could not complete the order through that site because of this one drop menu. And the worst part is that my PP approval for Pay in 4 was for that transaction, and since that transaction didn't go through (and PP is waiting for it), I now have to wait ~3 days for that transaction to get cleared out before I can order through the US site. :roll: Oh well, I am still excited about moving on from my C3.
I build RCs like people would have done back in the '90s ..................................... if they had 3D printers.